Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Goodreads summary:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts (for me it's hard to express myself as it is but having to do it in a foreign language is even harder, I tried my best at not giving any spoilers so it should be save to read. Oh and I'm not so good at this reviewing thing but I figure I might as well write it all down just to let it out and spread the love!)

Oh there aren't a lot of books that could keep me at my desk most of my brakes but this one is something!!! I loved it. I usually love everything I finish simply because I don't read books I don't like in the first place(if it's a school book then I have to...) and because by the end of every book I've read I realize that I've fallen in love with the storyline and the characters. This book is something different. I am in love with it as always but it's strange. Maybe it's because I don't have the second book to start reading, maybe because I have another one waiting on my night stand, I don't know but I like it because it makes me feel great about the book. It's amazing. The characters are rich and colorful, everyone with it's own history behind a mask of a kind... Don't get me wrong they aren't trying to be someone they're not, they just live with their burdens. They are very strong and surprising. It's beautiful(well it wasn't exactly beautiful but it was moving) how a person can change so much in a matter of weeks if not days.


Trough the fist part of the book I got to know them and when I finished it one though passed trough my mind and it was- "What the hell just happened?". I was at loss of words and I sat there and stared at the closed cover. But I loved it and I really want to see how things go from here. I want to know if the next book is going to be about the same characters and if it is what will happen with them.


The end was amazing and it was powerful, and did I mentioned totally shocking!!!


For everyone who has not read the book they should!


I am sad right now that I don't have a solid English vocabulary so I can express exactly what I feel! It's a shame that I can't get the right words to come to me but I hope I explained good enough so all of you out there, who hasn't read the book yet, to find it in the nearest bookstore and to buy it. I have mine from a library but I am definitely buying it as soon as possible!!!!





View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. looks amazing :) It's on my to-read list for a long time, (no money = no book :) so I have to wait )

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it is the same with me (no money = no book) but the library works just fine in situations like this one. I am buying them when I can but for now that's enough!

    ReplyDelete