Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review: Succubus on top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead

Succubus on top by Richelle Mead
 Goodreads summary:
Georgina Kincaid's job sucks. Literally.
Love hurts, and no one knows it better than Georgina Kincaid. If she so much as kisses Seth Mortensen, the shy, sexy, incredibly gifted Seattle writer she's been dating, she'll drain his life force. Georgina is a succubus-a demon who draws her power from other men's pleasure. Admittedly, the shapeshifting and immortality perks are terrific, and yes, Georgina did choose to join the ranks of hell centuries ago. But it seems completely unfair that a she-demon whose purpose is seduction can't get hot and heavy with the one mortal who knows and accepts her for who she is.
It's not just her personal life that's in chaos. Doug, Georgina's co-worker at a local bookstore, has been exhibiting bizarre behavior, and Georgina suspects that something far more demonic than double espressos is at work. She could use help finding out, but Bastien, an irresistibly charming incubus and her best immortal friend, is preoccupied with corrupting an ultra-conservative talk radio star-and giving Georgina some highly distracting come-hither vibes. Georgina is going to have to work solo on this one-and fast because soon, Doug's life won't be the only one on the line.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My review, (well more like ramblings about the book)
Just now I finished the book and I wanted to rant a little bit. It's my review of the book, but I'm not as good with words as I wish I could be so don't expect too much. I just had to write something so here it is.

This book was absolutely amazing. I don't know what else to say about it. There's so much energy in it, so much life. The end completely blow me away. The story line is so good that I want to pick up the next one right away and bury myself in the pages.
I remember someone telling me that the second book was a bit slower then the fist on. That it didn't have so much action in it. Well I don't remember who told me that, but they were wrong. The action came in the middle of the story and it was amazing so I guess that's why they thought it wasn't as dynamic as the firs book but it had plenty of action as the story continues.
I feel bad that I don't have the words to describe how much I liked it. I've only read Richelle Mead's YA books and now I appreciate her on a whole new level. She truly writes magnificent stories. Geogrie's world is filled with so much problems, one of them is her not being able to control herself completely. She slips from the right path, funny thing to say knowing that she is a demonic creature, but she always seems to find her way back to the top. 

I enjoyed the last few chapters very, very much, the one with the Emerald Lit fest was my favorite and I can't wait to see if she'd do one more in one of the next books and I'd love to see how she'll do without the ambrosia...
I loved the new character that was introduced to us in this book. I enjoyed the stories from Georgie's past and I loved reading about all the things she's been through. Well that I kind of noticed that there's always insanely hot guys around her so I want to know more about her friends... I just loooove Jerome and Carter. I hope we see more of them in the future. I would love to see Georgina and Jerome a little bit more close, like a father-daughter relationship, but not exactly..I just want them to be closer!  It's needless to say that I want to see more of Georgina/Seth. I want to see how will their relationship grow. And I want more of The gang. :D 
Oh once I start there's no stop so I'll finish up here. All in all you guys should read the series! It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment