Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Review: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games trilogy, book #2) by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts and ramblings without spoilers this time (at least not something concrete)


I am blown away by the ending of this book. I literally just put it down, I jumped around my room for awhile and here I am trying to summon up some words to describe this book.

The start was a little slow, but there were important stuff happening so that was good and then it all went to hell! I never even thought that something like this could happen in the second book. I really didn't have any theories but that was nowhere in sight for those who had.

In the middle of the book, or at least I think it was the middle ( didn't pay much attention how much I've read, I just couldn't stop reading) is the start of the Seventy-fifth Hunger Games and this year is so messed up that no one saw that coming even the people from the Capitol. I screw with everybody's plans for the near future and it made a lot of noise even trough the crowds in the Capitol.

I read the last part of the book for a few hours and I am still stunned by the things that happened.

Katniss is smarter that I ever thought she was and don't get me wrong, I think she's plenty smart but all the theories that were going on in her head. All the strategies and the plans of how to keep Peeta safe.

As smart as she is, even she didn't suspect that people she trusted were playing a completely different game than hers, one that is going to affect the whole community.

The hunger games this year were going in faster rate than usual and a lot of people died very fast. And now that I now who it all ended I am even more stunned about how they pulled it off.

I really don't want to tell anything that will spoil the trill of reading the book and believe me it is really hard not to be able to share how awesome it was even though not everything that happened was good. A lot of good people died, people that I really was starting to like.

Like I said there was a different game this time and I am confused about the details but the last sentence of the book blow me away. It made me jump around the house with excitement of what will follow.

This book was better than the first because it was different and because it had more action in some certain areas(that I will now talk about or my whole review will basically explain to you what happens).

Now that it all settled in I am kinda scared of starting the next one but I will do that soon.



One thing is very important for everyone to know. After the events of this book nothing will be the same for our lovely characters.

Good thing Katniss remembered who was the enemy. The real enemy!!!!

All in all, guys, READ THE TRILOGY!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment