Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: City of Ashes ( The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Goodreads summary:
As readers of series starter City of Bones already know, teenager Clary Fray is a Shadowhunter, a demon slayer who has the gift (?) of spotting Downworlder werewolves, vampires, and faeries. She is also an adolescent in an abnormally dysfunctional family: Her mom is in a magically induced coma and her father is probably insane and undoubtedly evil. All of which places Clary in situations that would challenge even the most talented average American girl.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars





My thoughts

I finished it last night and I genuinely enjoyed it. It was great and I loved it. Though I can't shake off the feeling that something wasn't right.

I kept expecting that Jace and Clary would turn out not to be siblings. And I was kind of disappointed when that didn't happen.

That doesn't mean that I didn't like the book, as I said it was great. The main characters got stronger here and that helped in the story. It is different now that we know somewhat of the full potential of the characters and I have high expectation for the next book.

There were little thing that happened that made me really happy and some pissed me off a lot ( example: A character died a few times in this book... or so we thought.. or he was about to but didn't.) That was not nice thing to read. I just accept the death and it turns out he's alive, I am waiting to see his end and it doesn't come.... That part I didn't like.

There was a lot of Valentine in the book so we got to get to know him a little better and we learned a bit more about Clary's mom and Luke...

There was a good part of the book about Jace and his past and a few chapters from his point of view.



All in all I really liked the book but not so much apparently because I can't make myself write a longer and more interesting review.

I'm giving it four stars because I value the story and the characters and the awesome parts I enjoyed in the book... I really want to give it 5 stars but the book wasn't as amazing as the first one so I need to make sure there's a difference between them.

It is a book that you all should read, especially if you've read the first one.

I am looking forward to reading the third book when I get it tomorrow.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment