Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: Halfway to the grave (Night Huntress series, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Goodreads summary:


Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts!

It's been quite awhile since I first read the book but something came over me two days ago and I decided to re-read it. And I did, even though I'm currently reading another amazing book which I'll tell you about some other time.

So back to Cat's story. It is so amazing that I don't have the words to describe it. I... that's a book I enjoyed reading because it's easy to fall in love with the characters and to get used to read about them. I loved it the first time around and now I just love it a bit more... Didn't think that was possible but here I am having fun reading the second book.

The story is classical girl falls in love and get's her heart broken so she starts killing vampires.. There is this big secret Catherine Crawfield has been keeping to herself and only her mother knows what she really is. Until she decides to take on a vampire way out of here league and finds herself chained to a wall in a cave as a proof of it.

Well that's when the fun starts and it's awesome to see how Cat and Bones start to work together. It is inspiring really.

Not that they have it easy. There are a lot of bad things waiting to happen to them...

The book is dynamic but not too fast. It has a great amount of heated scenes and a lot of fighting and a then there is Cat's mother which I personally hate for the way she's treating Cat but hey, nobody chooses their parents.

It is really heartbreaking in the end and even though I knew what it was going to happen I still felt every bit of pain Cat was in.

It's a really great read and you just have to make sure you're at the appropriate age for the adult content at some places...a lot of them, and the language. Oh I loved this book. I have so much fun reading it the first time, I had forgotten how awesome Bones is and how he can make even a dead woman blush...

I am going to re-read the whole series with the sequels and then I'm going to read the last book that came out and I'm going to love it every bit as much as did the last time!

It's a must read for all!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment