Friday, October 14, 2011

Review: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games trilogy, #3) by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Goodreads summary:
Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating:6 of 5 stars


My thoughts (be aware it's full of spoilers)

I... I don't know how to start. I literally just finished the book and I am still crying. It was amazing... I had so much to say while I was reading the book but now after the last few chapters... I am stunned. I don't know how to react to everything and as I said I'm still crying from the ending.

At the beginning of the book I was confused as everyone. The ending of the second book was beyond unpredictable and I was reading very carefully not to miss something.

Then I started to dislike District 13. It was just like the Capitol just without all the money.

And what pissed me of the most was all the propos. They are in the middle a war and the people from District 13 want clips of Katniss while she walks around and shares stories.... ??!?

And then, there was Peeta. I was surprised by what happened to him, but I was looking forward to the end of his and Katniss's relationship. It sucked that they "hijacked" his memories but I really thought that was the end of them. I new that he was going to get better, I was hoping he would!

I wanted Katniss to be with Gale. They have been through so much together before the Games... It was a shame how their relationship ended. It wasn't their fault but... it still ended.

At one point of the book I was afraid to read the next chapter simply because I was scared of who else is going to die. I mean... so many people in so little time. That's when I wanted to start crying, right after Finnick... I didn't exactly like most of the people around Katniss since they were there to film her but non of them deserve to die the way they did, and what makes me think that is that fact that they all died to protect our Mockinjay!

By the time Katniss was on the square I believed that Katniss can't lose anyone else. Everyone should have been save in district 13 and Gale was already caught and Peeta was either death of lost in the crowd... there was no way... and then it happened. The main reason Katniss was in the Hunger Games, the main reason she kept fighting - Prim - she was there and she died. And the worst thing of all was that she didn't know who was responsible for the bomb that killed her. It looked a lot like the bombs Gale and Beetee were making but was it their bombs that killed her sister? That's what ruined her relationship with Gale, the tough that he was partly involved in her sister's death even though he would never do anything to hurt her.

I felt like everything lost sense to me, too. That's how strongly Katniss emotions were showing.

The only good thing that happened after that was that moment in the court room when Katniss shot the president Coin instead of Snow...

The ending was heartbreaking, even though Katniss managed to get her life in order, because I there was a scene with Prim's cat Buttercup when Katniss just lost it. I didn't see her cry a lot (if not at all) in the book but that was the time she let it all out. She cried for Prim, for every tribut and every winner of the Hunger Games she saw death during the war. She cried for the way thing ended with Gale and everything that happened to her during the last two or three years...

I didn't like the fact that she got back together with Peeta years after. I was hoping that Gale would come back and make things better but the author decided her life to continue with Peeta. She managed to live through the pain and she started living for the people that died to keep her safe, and she had two beautiful kids that knew ( one is going to learn when he's old enough) what her nightmares were about. They knew what were their parents's lives before. It was beautiful but still I cried so much.



This trilogy .... these books were the best I've read so far and I'm not giving 5 stars but at least 10...

For two weeks I was reliving Katniss's experiences and I learned to what level of cruelty could people go to( even though they were all fictional characters...). Every page of those books was filled with amazing storyline and strong and smart main characters. There were a lot of idiots from the Capitol.

All of you out there that haven't read the books... Well it's a damn shame!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment