Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review: At Graves End (Night Huntress #3) by Jeaniene Frost

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end 


It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.
As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave. 

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts....

I had forgotten how much pain, loss and suffering was present in this book. It is the most serious one from the series so far and it was the hardest one to read... Well not exactly... I still enjoyed reading the book. There were some funny parts in it but in the greater picture a lot of Vampires and Humans got hurt here, and we got to see things we never imagined we would...

It was stunning at times and completely unbelievable at others.

New bonds were made, new friends and as always new enemies.

It was a mix of dark emotions and some coloring so we wouldn't be too devastated.

Changes occurred and if I hadn't already read the series I wouldn't know what to expect.

Needles to say the first time I read the book I was speechless at the end, but I've never handled loss very well even in the face of a book character.

This story and it's characters have grown on me and I can't stand losing anyone..

I was happy at the one of the friendships that was made during this book and I can't wait to read the book that will be published about this side character. He deserves the spotlight and I know I would enjoy reading the spin-off series to the Night Huntress world(that actually is the name to one of the spin-off series, and now there is going to be another one... check Jeaniene Frost's site for more info) just as much as I enjoyed this book.

I again went off topic so I'm finish up here.

The book was filled with great amount of emotions, good, bad and worse. We lost some characters forever, some we got back... All in all I the book was so compelling that it wrapped me in it's world and didn't let go until I finished it.

It was beautiful, scary and wonderful, showing how talented the author is. J. Frost has created a world so amazing and exciting that it makes you keep going even though it's almost morning and you need to rest.

I loved this book and I didn't know it was possible but my love for the story grew even more this past few days while I was re-reading the books. I'm going to start the next one in a little while but to everyone that wonders whether or not to read the book my advice is: Go ahead and read it. If not for the awesome storyline, do it for the stunningly hot characters that could make you laugh so hard with one simple sentence.

The book is a must read!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment