Monday, October 31, 2011

Review: Destined for an early Grave (Night Huntress series, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Goodreads summery:
Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger
Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.
Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts:


Oh I really don't know what to say here. I will start to repeat myself because all I can say is the book was awesome but I've already said that for the previous three.
Dreams turn out to be deadlier than they seem and now they have a shape of a vampire ready to take you away from everyone you love...

This one was even more serious than the third book. Every next person that's after Cat and Bones is more vicious and evil, with even more sinister thoughts than the previous. Oh and did I forgot all the new ways they find to hurt Cat and Bones. The villains are getting craftier and sneakier than before and it's getting even harder for Bones to try and protect his Kitten.

There was more tension between the lovers when the new bad guy came along and decided to question Cat's and Bones's marriage.

This book was a mix of love, betrayal, loss, hatred and lost of sparkles and flames.

I can't miss to point out that between all the bad stuff that happened there was always a time for a good laugh.

An friendship became even stronger, new ones have been made...

Oh I need to stop with telling you what happens..

The book was amazing and it kept me on edge even though I've already read it once. It was as amazing as I remembered it to be, but I must say that I am a bit more critical than a few months ago. Not for the writing, that was good. And the story was in a normal not to fast not too slow pace and it was easy to keep up... but sometimes the characters just piss me off. One characters in particular.. and that's Cat's mom... The woman means good but sometimes I'm like: "Won't you shut up already?" and I wish Cat will be harsher with her but then I remember that i won't be able to do it if it was my mother and I let the matter go.

I was enjoying Vlad's part in this book very, very much. He is awesome on a whole new level (Dracula has his reputation, not without a reason.) He's just so funny and protective of his friends.

All in all I enjoyed this book the most, it had a little bit of everything(just how I like it) and it was really great.

I am at war with myself trying to decide which book to read now, the first from the spin off or the 5th in the series( the spin-off happens right after the 4th so I think that's what I choose but I want Cat and Bones too much and I'm still deciding....)

Well if I haven't convinced you by now I don't think I ever will. Still make sure to at least try the series. You'll love it!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment