Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review: City of Glass ( The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Goodreads summary:
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters — never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and her best friend, Simon, has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City — whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling The Mortal Instruments.


You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My review:

Okay, so... At the beginning of the book I was a little skeptical because I liked the previous but it was a bit slower than what I love in a book... I was reading the first pages cautiously because I wanted to like it but I wanted to see where it goes. Well it went strait to awesome. Sometime during the first chapters I found myself more and more fascinated with the book and I just didn't want to put it down!

The pace that it took was crazy and amazing. It wasn't so fast that you don't understand anything, and it's just the perfect combination of fast and interesting. So many things happen. There are new characters, new settings, new growth in the main characters. It is really good.

At some point, maybe in the middle, I started wondering what else will happen and just as I was guessing the next moment, something entirely different happens.

There were a lot of shocking moments, and a lot of those moments we wish would happen but never really believe they will( well it was like that for me).

So I pretty much start to repeat myself so I'll stop now.

The ending was great and I was really happy I continued the series. It brings up something new. It's different than the others.

Of course let it not fool you, there were week moments where I wish would've happened differently but no book(or anything for that matter) is perfect and I love it just the way it is.

I was happy at the end I and truly enjoyed reading the book. I would recommend it to everyone!


Well it didn't turn out as long as I thought it will be but I tried to sum up everything I thought and that's what that was. I know that most of my ratings are above 4 and that requires an explanation.
I usually don't read books I don't like. I read reviews and ask people that have read them and that's how I decide if I'll read something or not, so basically I mostly read things I may like. This is going to change though. I won some great looking books and I'm really excited to read them. I won them so I don't know that much about them but I'll sure as hell tell you when I'm done.
I'm currently reading the next book in the series: City of Fallen Angels and I haven't read that much of it yet since I started it today, but I should finish it soon because it has less pages that the previous. Tell you what I thought later...

Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings. Leave a comment if you'd like! I appreciate those!
~Marti

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment