Sunday, November 6, 2011

Review: This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress #5) by Jeaniene Frost

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost 

Danger waits on both sides of the grave.
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance . . .
With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"—the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war . . . to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
 My thoughts( I wasn't in a mood to finish the book and the review turned out to be random thoughts that escaped my mind so excuse me if it doesn't make sense... THE BOOK IS AWESOME, just if it's not clear after you read the review...)

I have no words to describe this one guys. It was amazing on a whole different level. It was... no I really don't have words to describe it.

I am barely sitting in my chair, I want to jump up and down from excitement over the last few chapters and after reading part of the first chapter of the next book.

The worst part is that I don't have the next book and I don't know when I'll be able to get it.

So back to This Side of the Grave...

It's following the events after Eternal Kiss of Darknes(NHW #2) and it's back to Cat's point of view. We get to see how one more enemy raises hell for Cat and Bones.

But there was more and different powers at play here. Cat is proving that her powers are more useful that she's imagined. At some point she made some discoveries about herself. She let go of all the walls she's build around herself protecting her from the damage, of losing someone she loves, will bring. She also discovered that harsh actions can protect you and everyone around you in the future...

It's really not as much the action in the book that captivate me. It was all the thinking Cat did in this book. There was plenty of action, believe me there was a lot... and passion and love and affection. But there was moments when she'll just start thinking for Bones and for how open he is for his feelings and how he doesn't care what anyone else thinks as long as she's happy... It's those moments that made me love this book so much.

Cat is incredibly strong and passionate and she fights with all her power to protect everyone she loves.

She and Bones were in different states for a while and she spent some time with Vlad( ooh I love this guy) and Mencheres, so we got to see a lot of them, too. It was fine buy me, after the Mencheres's book I got to know him and it is really great to see him there protecting his and Bones's line... and Vlad is just a pleasure to be around if he's not pissed at you so I was really happy to see him again.



Oh I'm just blabbing here so I'll stop now. There isn't a lot I can tell without spoiling the fun of reading the book. You should know that it's awesome and I loved every part of it. It's just as compelling as the rest of the books and I can't begin to tell you how much you're missing if you haven't read them.


As I said I wasn't up to finish the book tonight but I did anyway and the words just escaped me. I couldn't summon up enough of my English knowledge and tried my best(not that I could find words in my native language either...) but it just didn't work... I know that I could've just left the reviewing for later but school is hard on me and I'm not sure if I was going to find the time... So yeah sorry for this one. I'll try and do the next one a little better....
View all my reviews

I saw that I have a few more followers so I just wanted to thank you guys. It means a lot to me that you follow my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment