Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review: Bloodlines(Bloodlines #1) by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Goodreads summary:
The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.


You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts:
I loved the book. It was awesome because it was Richelle Mead's. It was awesome because it was about the characters from VA. It was awesome because of the story itself.

There is significantly a lot more of Adrian, which is good because in the VA I was strictly Team Dimitri and now I could actually appreciate him more. He's an amazing character with good and bad traits and he has his moments of brilliance! We get to know him a lot better from more than one perspective because of something that has happened in the gap between the books. You'll see what that was, I'll just say that you won't expect it!

Really this first book was more to get to know the four main characters better. It was the seed to what I expect to be another great success from Richelle Mead! The last sentence to the book blew me away! I mean... there could not have been a bigger cliff hanger! I am jumping up and down with excitement over what would happen.

There was so much in this book!

Sydney, the narrator, is very different from Rose and to see the world from her perspective is very new to us. She has that unconscious fear of the supernatural but in the same time she's really strong and stubborn and as one of the popular quotes from the book 'She fights back plenty'.

Jill... oh little awkward Jill is slowly turning into this beautiful young girl a little to quiet for her own good but I have a feeling she'll grow out of it. We follow her story among everyone else's and it's very interesting because peace by peace we get the whole picture of what happened back at court after the end of Last Sacrifice.

It's a different world though. Sydney faces problems very different from those Rose had to face and the action is in a human high school.

The whole book the characters were building something stable and secure and they were changing and they were healing from past wounds but as I read the final sentences to the book I felt like all that progress for some people just went down the drain.

Definitely a MUST read for every fan of VA. I loved this one and now I don't know how am I going to wait 'til the next book comes out!

This book is also part of a three months challenge I participate in Goodreads. It's my number 8.
Here's a link to it if you want to join too, you still can: Quarterly Challenge #4 (December 2011 - February 2012)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment