Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review: Wake unto me by Lisa Cach

Wake Unto MeWake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
Goodreads summary:
A haunted castle, a handsome young man dead for four hundred years, one heck of a scary portrait of a witch, and a treasure hunt -- not to mention a princess for a roommate! -- all await 15 year old American girl Caitlyn Monahan when she earns a scholarship to a French boarding school.

There are secrets behind the stone walls of Chateau de la Fortune, buried for centuries along with the mystery of who killed Raphael, the charming ghost who visits Caitlyn at night. But as Caitlyn unearths the history of the castle, nothing scares her as badly as the secret she learns about herself, and the reason she was chosen to come to the Fortune School.

And nothing breaks her heart as badly as falling in love with a dead guy.


You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.  



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My thoughts:
The book was very interesting! I really liked the plot and the idea of the story.

I am surprised by the ending and I don't really know what to say about it. I enjoyed reading it!

It was a very surprising ending, because it turned out that I got everything wrong. I mean, I thought some people were bad and they weren't and the other way around. I don't think I've been this far away from the truth before but it was a pretty cool read.

I enjoyed the shifting from present to past. The idea was pretty good but I am not completely sure why did it happen. I mean I was on board with Caitlyn's theory but then everything changed.

Oh I don't know.

It wasn't a five star book but it was very good. I loved all the historical links and it was a great read.

This book is also part of a three months challenge I participate in Goodreads. It's my number 4.
Here's a link to it if you want to join too, you still can: Quarterly Challenge #4 (December 2011 - February 2012)

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this book. I like how his hands aren't as define as his head. Weird but I do. I'm adding to this to my tbr list because you mention a twist and I like twist endings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover looks even better on the paperback and you really should read it. It's pretty good.

      Delete