Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Lord of Misrule ( The Morganville Vampires, #5) by Rachel Caine

Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires, #5)Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine
Goodreads summary:
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.

Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.


You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts:

I ... I don't know what to say, thing or do right about now.

I just finished the book and I am stunned! Right now I'm willing to say that the book wasn't all that exciting because of the ending.. The book was pretty great with a lot of twists and turns along the way but the end was a totally crazy and awesome. I had completely forgotten what was going to happen and I was very surprised and I still can't believe it.

I have some flashes of the next book but nothing concrete and I'm dying to find out what's going to happen!

This book was great. I loved it because it was just as intense and brutal as the previous. The pace is going faster by the minute and so much stuff has happened. It is so much different than the first book. You just can't recognize the town and the people. The characters have grown so much over the last few months. I am happy to see how strong some of the them have become and how the fight starts to come naturally to them.

The storyline to this book was on the battlefield and it involves so much powerplay. Everybody was just a pawn in the chess game of Amelie and Mr. Bishop.

I could go on and on but it won't do justice to the book so you have to read it to find out what I'm talking about.

The ending was incredibly sad and totally unexpected and I am surprised at the outcome of the events. I guess the fight's not over yet and there is so much more to come.

I can't wait for the next book(witch in my case is a few clicks away since I have it on an ebook.

So this book and the previous totally deserve 6 stars compared to the rest but oh they are all so good!

I've re-read and reviewed this book as part of the Morganville Vampires Reading Challenge 2012.
Expect the rest of my reviews soon. 
This is also part of my e-book challenge-> Click Here

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment