Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2) by Rachel Caine

The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine
Goodreads summary:
Claire has her share of challenges. Like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains; homicidal girls in her dorm, and finding out that her college town is overrun with the living dead. On the up side, she has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, hell is really going to break loose.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts: BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE SOME MINOR SPOILERS!

I just finished re-reading the book and... Oh my! I've forgotten how amazing the story was. I just loved going back in Claire's world and reliving the horrors around her trough her and her friends.

This book has even more action and it starts right from where the first ended. That was good because there was no time gap between the books.

And here it was all about the sacrifices you're willing to make to save the ones you love.

Claire fought a lot and very hard but in the end she couldn't escape the grip Morganville has over her.

All four of the main characters had to make some pretty tough choices and that was the most interesting and important part of the book.

I really enjoyed going trough the pages not being able to stop. I new that things ended well because it's the second time I read the book but even that didn't make it less entertaining and awesome!

It's very different from the first one and in a lot way it's better. Characters are growing stronger and in the same time they go in deeper waters and they just start to realize what forces are at play.

I can't really describe the book better. It was intense and with a fast steady pace. A lot of strange stuff happened but it all worked out in the end just to take the characters in a whole different direction.

The end wasn't much of a cliff hanger. It was simple but with a great meaning and a promise to more interesting things to come. If not anything else, Eve, Shane and Michael wont be happy about something Claire did in the end so just that is a promise of a big fight but too late... :D

Oh I loved it. I'm going to start the third book now!

And this one is a must read to everyone!

I've re-read and reviewed this book as part of the Morganville Vampires Reading Challenge 2012.
Expect the rest of my reviews soon.
This is also part of my e-book challenge-> Click Here

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment