Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review: Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4) by Rachel Caine

Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine
Goodreads summary:
In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he's set for Morganville.

You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts: (I tried not to include any spoilers but..oh there still might be some)
Well this book was something new, It was different then the others. More intense and definitely more scary than those before.

We know what the citizens of Morganville have to go trough on daily basis. Who would have guessed that those problems with the town vampires was something not so bad. One thing's for sure, they are wishing to go back in time and be happy with how things are.

Not just the people but the town itself started to recognize the danger everyone's in and that was showing from the empty streets and the the strange feeling you get when your outside. Well that's what I understood from Claire's explanation anyway...

The stillness surrounding everyone was kind of unearthly...

Mr Bishop is the new villain in town and there's noting better to unite two enemies as a third common enemy.

Reading the book was strange because we see different sides of people we thought we knew. It's like a whole new story starts to form with all the new stuff...

The end of the book was a beginning of something too big to describe. I'm not sure what is to come now even though I've read the next book. I just don't want to remember and I want to enjoy it as much as I can. The end was a semi big cliff hanger. More like an end of a chapter than of a novel but I'm sure it was an awful waiting period to those who read the books as they were coming out.

I enjoyed reading this book the most of all because it involves more powerful characters than we've seen so far. Those new people in town are the worst of the worst and they are scary and they bring hell with them. The fight is still going so I'm about to start the next book.

And this was the best book so far from the series and it deserves a lot of attention.

I would give it 6 stars if I could! It deserves them...

I've re-read and reviewed this book as part of the Morganville Vampires Reading Challenge 2012.
Expect the rest of my reviews soon.
This is also part of my e-book challenge-> Click Here

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment