Monday, January 2, 2012

Review: Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1) by Rachel Caine

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
Goodreads summary: From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.


You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts: THERE ARE SPOILERS SO BE AWARE!!!
Oh don't I just love this book. This is the second time I read it and it's even more amazing now. I realized that I've forgotten key moments to the book and it felt good to refresh my memory.

The book is quite interesting and it reveals a world different from most I've read about vampires. Usually you'd expect no one to know about them. That's the thing about vampires, they stay hidden. This book shatters this idea and shows us a world where some people know. I would say a lot normal, everyday humans know.

It's really all about the town the action takes place. It's pretty much hell on earth for the locals and the death for some of the student of the local university.

Claire is one of the students of the university. Sixteen and too smart for her own good she is fighting for her life for the best part of the book.

There are also Shane, cute and fierce, Eve, the goth girl that is as vulnerable as everyone underneath all the makeup, and Michael, the angelic looking ghost that owns the Glass house. Pretty wicked group of people, everyone with their own thing and the live in this crazy town trying to protect themselves and each other every way they can.

I loved reading this book for the first time and now the second because it was different from what I'm used to. There are a lot of twist and turns awaiting the characters.

The book show us a possible reaction of people knowing about vampires(if they really existed) and it's not the typical pink colored version of a girl in love. The people in Morganville actually know about the vampires and they are terrified and they have worked out a way to protect themselves. They keep their heads down and turn around like you don't exist if you're in trouble.

There's a whole system at work there to keep the vampires from killing every single person in the town. It's quite interesting to learn all about it through Claire, who has absolutely no idea what she's gotten herself into.

The book is pretty much about her survival in the town and all the things she had to go trough to help her friends.

Once you're in Morganville and you know too much, you simply can't leave!



The end was a killer cliffhanger and I really love it that I read the book when they were 12 of them published. I don't think I could have waited to see what happens.

All in all I loved it and I'm going to start the next one immediately.

It's a must read for all the vampire books lovers out there.

I've re-read and reviewed this book as part of the Morganville Vampires Reading Challenge 2012.
Expect the rest of my reviews soon.
This is also part of my e-book challenge-> Click Here

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment