Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink

Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1)Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Goodreds summary: 
An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-
One good...
One evil...
Who will prevail?
 

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.

They just know they can't trust each other.


You can purchase the book from: The Book Depository


My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My thoughts:
I don't really know what to say about this book. It interesting! It was, and then it got kind of slow! I usually read a book from cover to cover but I was drifting towards the dialog in this one.. I couldn't keep my focus on the sentence I was at and I skipped a passage or two.. It got kind of boring at the end but it was still and interesting story. I guess I didn't connect with the characters and it was kind of strange.

I also didn't like the ending... It felt incomplete. I was disappointed it this one. I had very big expectations but I guess the setting didn't help either! The story was set in late 1800, I am not sure the exact year.. but its in the past and I like my stories in the present/future.

I am sure that the book was amazing for some people but it wasn't for me.

The only reason I'm not giving it just one star is because at the beginning I had a feeling that it was going somewhere but then it fell apart for me! So, two stars it is...

Edit: I just saw that it's a series and not just one book which explains the ending.
I hate leaving a series unread so I would see if I could find one of the next books in the library because even though it lost my interest towards the end, I still want to know what happens...
This is the Bulgarian book cover:


This book is also part of a three months challenge I participate in Goodreads. It's my number 5.
Here's a link to it if you want to join too, you still can: Quarterly Challenge #4 (December 2011 - February 2012)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment