Monday, April 16, 2012

Review: Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard

Goodreads summary:
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief.
Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world.
When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back?
A strong launch for a suspenseful series.

After finishing the last episode of the second season of Pretty little liars I decided to re-read the first few books and to read the rest.
I never wrote a review for the books the first time but that's one of the reasons to read them again.
Ok so, the story is quite interesting. I love the mystery. The first book is fairly short and it's pretty much and intro to the real story. There are a lot of secrets to be revealed and at this point everything is just a big mess. I like the messages from A. If it's not happening to you, the mystery is very interesting. Who is A? What does s/he want? All those questions are a big part of the book.
I really don't have anything else to say right now. This was the beginning and nothing major happened yet. Some of the future relationships are beginning to form and it's nice to read about the characters's problems. 
I know it's a pretty bad review but as it is the first book there is not that much that I have to say. It was interesting enough to get me  read the rest but I kind of speed trough this one so I could see what happens next. As I said here we have a chance to meet Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily and we learn some of their secrets but there is so much that is unclear and there is so much mystery!
I loved the book but I couldn't wait for it to be over so I could go to book two.

I give it: 


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

 Until the next time,

2 comments:

  1. I almost bought this the other day but I wasn't really sure. I think I'll give it a go though. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not much of a review but the book is great. You should definitely buy it!

      Delete