Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

Goodread summary:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Beautiful Disaster is the most addictive book I've read in a while. I still go back to a random page and start reading from there... I was so not ready for the story to end.
It also is the book with the most accurate book title. I couldn't describe it better.
Abby and Travis are a big messy, beautiful disaster. Their relationship is so intense and crazy at times.. They both love each other very much, but Abby's past is holding her back, She is too afraid to jump in the incredible world Trav has to offer but at times it's too hard to stay away.
Their brake-ups and then the making-ups kept me at the edge of my seat and everything was so intense that when I was away from the book I felt like I'll go crazy. I literally couldn't stop thinking about it and even now(a few weeks after finishing it) I go back and think about what their lives would be after the ending...
It was an incredible read. Jamie McGuire has written such a beautiful book that it easily jumped in my Top 5 favorites( that aren't fantasy!... actually there the book is at the top of the list)
I absolutely loved every single second with the characters. They were built so well and it was so obvious that they were a match made it heaven, well it was obvious to everyone except Abby or as Trav calls her- Pigeon. Poor thing really, she was the last one to realize that Travis is in love with her..
Yes, Travis could be a little overprotective and possessive at times but he's not used to having a girlfriend, or wanting to have one that it makes him go crazy when Abby gets too much attention.
As they struggled to be together there were sad moments at times but then everything was good again. I just love this book so, so much.
I want to read more about them( unfortunately the author said that there wont be a sequel to the book but there will be a book about the story from Travis' POV... and something else...). Their lives just begin and for me it'll be so interesting to see what happens next but that will be left for our imaginations.
When I finished the book I was like an addict out of drugs and the feeling is awful, until I open the book to a random page and start reading again. I did it for a week after finishing the book and I was as excited to read it as I was the first time.
This is a unique book that I recommend to everyone who enjoys reading about college students, alcohol and fights..(yeah I know it's not the best publicity but I loved it) and crazy relationships... And the title says it all!

Beautiful Disaster!

 I give it:
You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase if from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website

Here is a second cover:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment