Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review: Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones

Goodreads summary:
Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now. She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara. In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.

I loved it. It was different and it was funny and there were some serious parts but even then the sarcasm from the main heroine was enough to make me laugh.
It was an interesting read and I really enjoyed it but it's one of those reads that suck you in while you read them but then when you think about it you start seeing the flaws.
There are not that many flaws here but the main heroine, Zara, she is a little too trusting and she accepts everything that is thrown at her and for me that was a little too much bravery. You ought to be at least stunned to find out half the things that she did and she believed everything!
That was part of her charm though and it worked for the book.
The pace at times was a little bit too fast and some parts the characters just sped through to the next challenge.
I don't know. I don't want to over-think it. I loved the book while I was reading it and there were some pretty badass characters(Nick! ... sighs...yeah I loved seeing him!!!!) and it was interesting.
It was easy book to read, silly at times but what can you expect when the Zara's grandmother is a were-tiger... It's hilarious..
Like I said, I loved it. And you actually can learn a lot about phobias. I mean, every chapter instead of a number it's a type of phobia. And Zara recites them in her mind to calm herself down so there's a lot of them going around!
I liked the side characters even though we don't learn all that much about them but it's normal. Zara just met them too and she started trusting them pretty easily so they must be good.
There were some unexpected twists but there were some that I just saw coming(it was pretty obvious really...).
Ok that's it. I really liked it and it's a great book to read in your free time or before you go to bed.. 

I give it: 

You can find the book on Goodreads

And purchase it from:

And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.
This book is also part of a three months challenge I participate in Goodreads. It's my number 3.
Here's a link to it if you want to join too, you still can: Quarterly Challenge #5 (March 2012 - May 2012).
See all of my reviews here.
Until the next,

No comments:

Post a Comment