Thursday, May 3, 2012

Review: Perfect (Pretty Little liars #3) by Sara Shepard

Goodreads summary: In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four perfect-looking girls aren't nearly as perfect as they seem. Aria can't resist her forbidden ex. Hanna is on the verge of losing her BFF. Emily is freaking out over a simple kiss. And Spencer can't keep her hands off anything that belongs to her sister. Lucky me. I know these pretty little liars better than they know themselves. But it's hard keeping all of their secrets to myself. They better do as I say . . . or else!

Perfect is the third installment in Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars series.
I've already read this one last year but it was as if I never had. The series have a certain effect on people and I love them because of it. I'm so creeped out by A and by the fact that s/he can control the girl's lives like that. S/he has full control over them and it's scary. I personally don't know what I would do if I was up against something or someone like A.
This time I decided to write a little something for all of the girls, so lets start with Emily. Her Life is already hard enough because of Mia and all the changes that she's going trough, but A is making it so much harder. Being a lesbian must not be easy for her with her family being who they are and it is all new to her. I've never been in a situation like that but I can't imagine my mom hating me for being the way I am....
Aria has this same problem with her mom but it's totally unfair of Ella to do this to her daughter. Byron was the one cheating and the one that went back to Meredith after returning to Rosewood. Aria was trying to keep her family together and it wasn't her fault that her dad is an ***. No matter how hard her life is at this point though I am pissed at her, or not pissed exactly but I definitely don't approve of her relationship with Ezra. It's wrong! She is kind of a hypocrite because she is doing exactly what Meredith is and she isn't judging herself... Plus her relationship with him isn't legal! It just isn't appropriate to date your teacher no matter how young and cute he is. At least he should have stopped it when he realized she's his student... not call her to his apartment in the middle of the night. Good thing Sean came along and stopped them.
Next is Spencer. Her problems come from her rivalry with Melissa. At times I think if she stops trying so hard and she actually relaxes for a second things wont be that bad. Her constant fights with her sister are too much for anyone to handle. Add the kiss with Ian, the stolen essay and pushing her sister down the stairs and you get a disaster on a really, really high level. A is the just a little bit too much.
I'm dying to read more about that memory of Spence pushing Aly. It must be more to it. I mean come on, she can't really be Aly's killer.
And then there's Hanna. God it's hard to be her.
Wasn't it suppose to be easy to be the high-school It girl? Why is she letting Mona treat her like that? She has her fair share of A trouble too but I think her biggest problem is Mona.
And the most exciting part of the book:
A slipped up! Well that was a big, big mistake and Hanna might pay for it with her life. I know who A is in the TV series and I think I know who s/he is in the books but I'm not sure and I would love to read the next book.
Will Hanna survive? Who is A? Will Emily go to Texas to live with her aunt and uncle and her boring cousins?
I know most of those answers and a little bit more but I still want to read the next book. As for this one, it's filled with action and mystery and I loved it. It was in a good pace and the ending was a huge cliff-hanger.
Next up - book 4 ... Unbelievable!

I give it:
 
You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

2 comments:

  1. PLL! I absolutely LOVE the TV show, so I have no idea why I haven't read any of the books yet! I loved how you talked about each girl individually because, even though their stories are all linked, they each have their own complicated lives and each deserves an opinion :)

    Awesome review, Martina! I don't know what I'd do if I was up against someone like A either! Hide in a corner maybe? LOL x) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi you should definitely read the books. It's a whole different story. I love the TV show too, but there are a lot of differences between the show and the books...

      Delete