Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday(4)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


 The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Expected publication: June 12th 2012
Razorbill

Synopsis:
The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.

I absolutely love Richelle Mead's work. Her Vampire Academy series is my all time favorite in the genre! I still catch myself thinking of Rose and Dimitri and the whole world Mead has created. I also loved Bloodlines. It wasn't quite as good as VA series but it's a first book in a spin-off series so it was pretty good anyway! I was happy to have a taste of the VA world even though I missed Rose and her amazing personality.
Anyway. I can't wait for The Golden Lily to come out. I can't wait to dive in, head first in the story again!

For those of you who don't know about Richelle Mead's work, here are the vampire related books:

The first book in the spin-off series Bloodlines:

And here is the original series about the moroi, strigoi and dhampirs- Vampire Academy:











The author has two more book series but I've read only one of them. It's the Dark Swan series and
Georgina Kincaid Series. I've read the books about Georgie and they are amazing. If you haven't already, you should check Richelle Mead's work.


You could see my reviews of some of her books here!

Leave me a comment with your WOW and I promise to visit and comment!
Until the next time,

2 comments:

  1. You know, I have never read one single thing by Richelle Mead. I have the first Vampire Academy book and have had it sitting there FOREVER but I've never gotten around to it. Now that there's a spin-off series too I guess I need to prioritize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VA is my favorite YA vampire series so I can only tell you that it is great and you should read it. Give it a try, it's worth it!

      Delete