Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades trilogy, #3) by E.L James

Goodread summary:
When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian's singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed. Now, together, they have more-love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity, or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present. Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, tragedy, malice and fate combine to make Ana's worst nightmares come true.

I can't even begin to describe how much I like the book. For the biggest part I really don't know why I love it so much.
It is far away from perfect and there are some things that piss the hell out of me but this book, the trilogy, it's one of the most addictive reads I've read!
There is just no explanation, not one I can understand anyway... I just couldn't stop reading the books the first time I got the chance to and now after I re-read them I still can't figure it out.
As you know the book is following Ana and Christian's story and their life together after they got married. What you don't know is that is the most serious book from the trilogy and it's full of twist and turns and mood swings and so much passion and love and then there's the sex and the fights..
The book is at a fast pace and the characters are practically racing trough their problems which is one of the things that bugs me but it's better that way because the book is long and it's easier to read it that way.
Ana is a bit more mature in this book but she still doubts herself and she is a little annoying when she starts asking all those question that make Christian freeze and his eyes go wide... It's not a look that is normal for a man like him and it pisses me off that she brings him to that state.
Having said that, she is the only one that could make him talk and make him open up and I kind of respect her for it.
Ana is the center of Christian's universe.. She is the one thing that makes him truly alive, or that's how he sees it.
I loved this Christian, from book three. He is so different from the man we met in book one. He is gentle, sweet and so romantic. That is when he's not pissed at Ana for doing something, like... go out with her friends when he's out of town or almost gets herself killed...
I think that he's grown the most from all the characters in the book because he had to change everything about himself. He gave up his lifestyle and he tries so much to be less controlling... Well that last part will never change because that's just who he really is, deep down, beneath all fifty shade of fucked-up, he needs his control and mainly he does it so he doesn't get hurt again.
What I don't get about Ana is, why is she fighting him so much. Is it so hard to sit and eat a little at breakfast or let someone drive you to work if it's going to put your husband at ease, if it'll give him a peace of mind...
Ok I started babbling...
Anyway, as I already said, this book is more complicated and there is something quite irresistible about it. I loved reading it, I loved re-reading it, I loved the happy moments and the sad moments, and the fighting and the (too many) sex scenes.
Everything was amazing and the only truly bad thing about the book is that it's over.
The bonus materials in the end from Christian's P.O.V. were the incredible. I really hope those rumors that E.L James will re-write the books from Christian's P.O.V. are true and that someday we'll get to see some of the most intense moments from his perspective. I would really love to see that conversation with Ana over the phone, when she was at the bank to get the money to save Mia... It was heartbreaking but I can't imagine what was for him...

I'll stop now because I don't have all night even though I could go on, and on, and on...
It is not a series that everyone would enjoy so if you're not into Erotica you probably won't like it. Don't judge if it's not your genre...
I personally absolutely LOVED IT!!!
 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here's another cover I found:


See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment