Friday, June 15, 2012

Review: My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) by Rachel Vincent

Goodread summary:
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

I'm starting to think that I've found a new favorite book series. I can't exactly tell you what I like most about them but I just can't stop reading the books(I know that it's just book two but I'm riding the wave...)
You know how I said book one was incredible... Well book two is even better!
Kaylee and Nash can't seem to find a moment to themselves ever since they started going out but even in the midst of all the demons around them, all the teens dying around them, the inappropriate brother and the overprotective father the still are together and their relationship is pretty strong( in my opinion). I even think Kay's doubts as to why Nash is still with her are starting fade away. I really hope she moves past those worries. Nash has me completely fooled if he's not honest with her.
Anyway... whit the start of the book, Kaylee and Nash had to face a new challenge and this time Tod was more involved than ever.
I'm not going to dwell on what exactly that challenge was but it was somehow more serious than the one in book one. I know it's hard to imagine something more serious than four girls dying for no apparent reason but what I meant was that it was more serious for Kaylee and the fact that she had to personally challenge herself so she could help someone how in my opinion didn't deserve it.
The reason she made all the decisions was because Tod knows exactly where her weak spot is and he knows how to make her feel guilty. What pissed me off, and that was pretty much in the end, was that Tod actually used Kay and he used her weaknesses to benefit from it.
I didn't want to see him that light and I was shocked and pissed of.
Other than that everything else was interesting and amusing at times... Kaylee had problems with her dad because he went from not being there to being there all the time and he was overprotective and he was trying too hard. The aren't use to each other yet and that makes both their lives a little bit more difficult but they'll figure it out!
I absolutely loved the book. I enjoyed reading it and I couldn't put it down. (Thank God and whoever made reading books on iPods possible, because I could bring the book with me everywhere and school proved to be useful for something...providing time for me to read.. :D )
I got book three today and I was thinking of starting it tonight but I think I want to get some sleep because two nights in a row with reading way past midnight will not go well with school in the morning...
Amazing book. Read it if you get the chance!!!!


 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here is another cover I found:


See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment