Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Fantasy Lover (Dark Hunter series, #1l) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Goodread summary:
Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon




I loved it!
I will start with why I picked it up from the library shelf... the cover. Not the original but the one that's on the Bulgarian edition, it's simply gorgeous!
Then I started reading, and I kept reading, and I kept reading stopping only when I had to come home from school and to eat once and then I went to bed and kept reading, and midnight passed and I had only two-three chapters left so I put it down to get some sleep. Fist thing I did when I went to school was to finish the book and to get the second one. I just started that one but back on the fist book.
I don't know what it was about it that just kept me glued to it(almost literally). I just got into it and I couldn't stop.
The plot was something different from me and it involved a lot of mythology and that's not something I usually read so I was surprised myself, that I liked it so much!
And then there was Julian... I'm not good at seeing things in my mind and I couldn't exactly see how he looked like but he felt good(and by that I mean that it was a blurry image but the vibe I got of from him was of a strong, gorgeous male, born to lead and to capture the hearts of every woman on earth).
what I liked most about him( besides the obvious) was his stories. I loved his conversations with Grace about his time, about the warrior he once was. As the book progressed, in every next chapter there was a peace of his soul and it felt real. It felt good to get to know him along with Grace.
I guess she got her wish, to find someone that will stand to her no matter what comes next. It took them both some time to realize that but in the end it was beautiful.
Oh it got a little too teary in the end with all the reunions and the good guys winning and the happily ever after but I didn't care.
The book was good enough to compensate for the ending and everything felt complete.
I sped through the story and I don't regret picking it up from the library, maybe I'll even buy it some day to make a collection from the series but on a second thought... 22 books... I can't wait to see what are those about...
As I said, I already got book two so I'm starting it next. I should post my review soon...

 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:

And the Bulgarian cover looks like this:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment