Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Goodread summary:
Wulf is an ancient Viking warrior with a useful but extremely aggravating power—amnesia. No one who meets him in person can remember him 5 minutes later. It makes it easy to have one-night stands, but hard to have a meaningful relationship, and without true love he can never regain his soul.

When he finally meets Cassandra, the one woman who can remember him, she turns out to be the princess of the cursed race he's sworn to hunt—and forbidden to him. The two of them must face ancient curses, prophecies, and the direct meddling of the Greek gods to find true happiness at last.




Oh, oh, oh this book was so awesome! I can't believe how much better it was. It was so exciting to read it.
It was so much different than the previous books.. mostly because of the characters.
This time their past wasn't as heartbreaking as Zarek's story and the main heroin wasn't a normal human or nymph.. The combination of the one of a king Dark-Hunter and the half-Appolite heiress of Appolo was incredible.
The book was action packed and the events that took place were very unexpected. I was constantly surprised with every next chapter and I loved it.
Let's talk about the characters...
Wolf Tryggavasen is a Viking that was turned into a Dark-Hunter but not the traditional way. He was tricked into this life and he is so much different than any other hunter we've seen so far.
Wolf is also cursed to be alone forever. His contacts with the human world are seized after the cures and no one would remember him mare minutes after leaving his presence.
That's a truly awful way to spend eternity but fortunately Acheron was able to find a loophole for him and to help him stay sane. He just had to made sure that his brother's bloodline continued through the generations...
I believe I've told enough of his story and I hope I haven't revealed too much for you... I'm just so excited from the book. I loved it so much and I want to let it all out but I'll try and not spoil the fun for you.
Anyway.... now it's Cassandra's turn. She is half-Appolite and half-human. Her mother and her sisters have all died before their time and she was the last Appolite of her bloodline, which a bad thing because if she dies, so does everyone else on the planet.. Not pressure there Cassie! :D
Her story is just as complicated and as interesting as Wolf's and they both had rough past and the both were so fierce in their believes. They were complete opposites and yet there was such a strong, undeniable connection between them that it was impossible for them to stay away... You'll see what I mean by that if you read the book, I'll just say that it was pretty awesome.

I am still stunned by the way things escalated to the full blown chaos that it was in the end. It was so nerve-wrecking and exciting at the same time. I grew fond of the characters and I really had no idea how things would turn up. There were a lot of twist and turns along the way and there was a fair share of mystery... I loved it.
I wish it wasn't over so soon and I know that it's not the last time that I'll see those characters but I am really fond of them now and I want to see just how impossible Wolf is with certain people and how caring and overprotective he is... I want to be just there and to what the story unfolds more and more.... but oh it's time to move on to the next book and I hope in that one there is going to be another piece of the puzzle that is Acheron.
In Kiss of the Night he was absent at fist because of the timeline the story was in( it started the same time as Talon's story started at the coffee shop and the phone talk with Wolf then it proceeded trough Zarek's story to come to it's own time when the backup was available.). The timing was very cool because we didn't skip ahead into the future and we got to see thing for another perspective...
I can't wait to learn more about Acheron. He is the most infuriating character in the series because of the whole mystery around him and his true self. I mean, he is more powerful than the Dark-Hunters and some other creatures but Artemis is clearly scared of him when he's in one of his bad moods and that strike me as odd... Oh, well see when the time is right(that totally sounded like something he would say)...

All in all this is sharing the first place with Dance with the Devil for my favorite book of the series..

 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:







See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment