Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review: Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Goodread summary:
Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over the mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.

Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.

But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness— not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.

—Talon of the Morrigantes




Oh these books are growing on me more and more...
I just love reading about these tortured soulless vampire hunters and how they find love all at the same time..
I seriously started wondering if there are going to be any more Dark-Hunters by the time the author is finished with the series seeing as how they all get their souls back so far but that's not me criticizing!
This book was about Talon a.k.a Speirr of the Morrigantes. He is an ancient Celt who's buried his feelings so deep inside him that when they come crashing out they take all his control away from him.
I especially loved this book and I don't know if it was because there were more people... okay creatures (humans, dark-hunters, were-hunters.. bears) involved or because of how deep Talon's feelings were.
From what I've read about the other guys so far(and that is just three books so it's not much) Talon had it the worst. He lived through the death of every single human he ever loved and that was a high count that broke his heart in little peaces, shattered his soul beyond repair and brought him to his death in the end.
He as every other Dark-Hunter had been given the chance to get revenge on the wrongs that had been done to him but killing his clan didn't brought him any pleasure, he just ended up killing most of the people he had lived for, the people that had betrayed him!
His story was heartbreaking and I wanted to cry so bad when he was dreaming or remembering of his childhood and of all the pain and suffering he had to go through because of what his mother did... I felt sorry for the boy he had once been and I saw why he is who he is in the book. I understood his need to keep his emotions at bay and to stay closed of but ever after centuries of living the same life, he still missed not being able to let anyone in, he missed having someone next to him that he could really talk to.
And I just looved how Sunshine crashed into his life and turned it upside down. It was really well thought of and I enjoyed learning more and more about Talon along with Sunshine.
She is this creative person who can't keep her focus for more than a second and she is the cure Talon needed. Well she turned out to be more that that but you'll see on your own how that one turned out.

I also loved reading about Zarek. I don't know what is it with me and my interest in damaged man like him but his character was very alluring to me.
I am looking forward to reading more about him in the next book. I would love it if he found his happy ever after too!

And of course there was more information about Acheron and that's always welcomed...

I really, really like the series. I am so happy I picked the first one when I did!
 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:




See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment