Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Goodread summary:
Dear Reader,

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal-in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace




Oh there is something very compelling about these books and I don't know if it's the mythology or the characters but it's really good.
I love reading about the past, it's almost as if it's real. Like these characters were really there and they have really lived trough all those years of fighting Daimons and protecting mankind.
I love it how the book is about a new character but there is a strong connection to the previous and it's really awesome to connect the dots between the memories of the two man.
Kyrian is different than the person Julian had described. This Kyrian had so much pain in his heart, so much bad memories. His wounds might heal fast but his scars were deeper than anyone new.
His carefree young self had died centuries ago with the betrayal of his wife and those wounds would never heal. He believed that until he met Amanda.
She was a turning point in his life. He couldn't get her out of his head and the worst part was that he didn't really want to let go. But with the way he lived and with his broken heart there wasn't a place in his life for a woman like Amanda...
Good thing his boss told him to look after her.. He was running out of excuses to go back and check on her.
Amanda was no stranger to the weird stuff that happen after dark, with a family of witches( not exactly but I didn't remember every specific power her sisters had) and especially a twin that fights vampires( Daimons) but she is far away from happy to live that live. After her fiancee just broke up with her because of her weird family, all she wanted was to go back to her normal boring ever day life and forget all about them and their craziness. And what do you think happened?... she woke up chained to a complete stranger, a vampire stranger(Night Hunter) and there was no way to get free from him because the cuffs were unbreakable...
I loved reading about the time Kyrian and Amanda spent together. They got so close and they fell in love with each other but even then Kyrian pulled away because he knew he couldn't be her happily ever after..
The story was amazing and I'm captivated by the world around the Night Hunters. I am going to start the next book right away because I can feel it'll be just as good!
 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:



And the Bulgarian cover looks like this:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

2 comments:

  1. Wait until you get to Bride and Vane's book! I've read all of these and LOVE them!!! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm past Bride and Vane's book and it was awesome. All the reviews are scheduled and I'm currently reading Seize the night.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete