Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


 Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls #2) by 
Expected publication: September 4th 2012
Katherine Tegen Books

Synopsis:
Three teenage descendants of Medusa, now united, must claim their heritage to fight the monsters escaped from the abyss.

Gretchen may have known she was a descendant of Medusa long before her sisters--after all, she's spent her life fighting the monsters that escape the abyss--but that doesn't mean it will be easy to teach the other girls the ropes.

Greer has pressing social commitments on her plate and precious little time to train in her newfound powers. But that wretched second sight won't leave her alone, and her fabled heritage seems to be creeping into her fashionable life.

Grace has worries closer to home--like why her brother, Thane, has disappeared. He's hiding something. Could it possibly be related to the secret heritage the triplets share?

I won the first book in the series last year and it was interesting enough to get my attention and to make me want the next one. The ending played a big part in that decision because it was a big cliff-hanger and I really want to find out what happens next. I just hope that as second book in the series there are going to be a little bit more answers to all the questions that were popping up every now and then when I read the first book...


Leave me a comment with your WOW and I promise to visit and comment!
Until the next time,

6 comments:

  1. Great pick! I'm pretty excited for this book as well! I really enjoyed the first one and I agree, there were so many questions brought up in the first book that I hope we get some answers to in this one!

    New Follower! :)

    My WoW

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how gorgeous this cover is! I need to read Sweet Venom soon! I have it on my pile for a long time already! Awesome pick!

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY need to read the first one! Looks like they are awesome! :D Great pick! I love the cover. lol.
    My WOW
    <3Inky

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome!! Love the blog and followed on GFC and Linky!

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really good! I'll have to check out the first one asap! Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, great blog! I'm a new follower and would love a follow back!

    Candace

    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete