Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration #2) by 
Expected publication: September 25th 2012
Del Rey

Synopsis:
Can the living coexist with the living dead?

That’s the question that has New Victorian society fiercely divided ever since the mysterious plague known as “The Laz” hit the city of New London and turned thousands into walking corpses. But while some of these zombies are mindless monsters, hungry for human flesh, others can still think, speak, reason, and control their ravenous new appetites.

Just ask Nora Dearly, the young lady of means who was nearly kidnapped by a band of sinister zombies but valiantly rescued by a dashing young man . . . of the dead variety.

Nora and her savior, the young zombie soldier Bram Griswold, fell hopelessly in love. But others feel only fear and loathing for the reanimated dead. Now, as tensions grow between pro- and anti-zombie factions, battle lines are being drawn in the streets. And though Bram is no longer in the New Victorian army, he and his ex-commando zombie comrades are determined to help keep the peace. That means taking a dangerous stand between The Changed, a radical group of sentient zombies fighting for survival, and The Murder, a masked squad of urban guerrillas hellbent on destroying the living dead. But zombies aren’t the only ones in danger: Their living allies are also in The Murder’s crosshairs, and for one vengeful zealot, Nora Dearly is the number one target.

As paranoia, prejudice, and terrorist attacks threaten to plunge the city into full-scale war, Nora’s scientist father and his team continue their desperate race to unlock the secrets of “The Laz” and find a cure. But their efforts may be doomed when a mysterious zombie appears bearing an entirely new strain of the virus—and the nation of New Victoria braces for a new wave of the apocalypse.

Lia Habel’s spellbinding, suspenseful sequel to Dearly, Departed takes her imaginative mash-up of period romance, futuristic thriller, and zombie drama to a whole new level of innovative and irresistible storytelling.

I really loved Dearly, Departed when I read it last year and I couldn't wait for the next one to come out. I really am looking forward to this book to see what happens with Nora and Bram. They are quite the extraordinary couple and can't wait to follow their relationship.

Leave me a comment with your WOW and I promise to visit and comment!
Until the next time,

25 comments:

  1. I really need to read Dearly, Departed soon! Hearing nothing but good things about it! This one sounds an awesome sequel!

    My WoW picks

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope I enjoy it, too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. FYI: This is on NetGalley, but you have to do a search for it! I'm going to be reading it very soon! LOVED Dearly, Departed! Great choice!

    Check out what I'm Waiting On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd have to check it out. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I saw this one last week I think, or the week before. Can't remember. I've added it to my list, though I haven't even started on book one :(

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should give book one a try. It's nice. You can even read my review of it here.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. I STILL need to read the 1st book and it's been on my shelf since like, FOREVER. Lol. Awesome pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well since you have it you should try it. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. I have the 1st book to read and I cannot wait! Great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. You should give book one a try.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed Dearly, Departed too! Dearly, Beloved was another story. I got approved for the book on NetGalley and started reading it, but I DNFed it halfway through because the POVs expanded to six (I didn't like having five POVs in DD, much less six in DB) and nothing was happening. I hope you'll enjoy it more than I did!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post! Also, new follower. Hi!

    -Ashleigh @ The Screaming Nitpicker

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Dearly, Departed yet, but it's on my list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man I really need to read my copy of Dearly Departed! its been sitting on my shelf for ages!!
    great pick! I've heard amazing things about this series

    Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the covers for this series. Just not a really big fan of the zombie genre. I generally don't like how they are described in books or movies.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of the Zombie-scene but a few blogger friends have recommended that I give this series a shot.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I loved Dearly, Departed and can't wait to read Dearly Beloved. I can't wait to find out what will happen next!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this one, and I absolutely LOVED it! I'm definitely going to preorder a finished copy closer to the release date!

    Oh, and thanks for dropping by, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for commenting on my WoW. I followed your blog. :)
    This is the first time I've heard of this book. I'm not into zombies but this seems interesting. I like the cover too, I think it's pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds fantastic! I love a good zombie read.;) Hope you enjoy it when you finally get a chance to read it!;) Thanks for visiting my WoW! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got an eARC of this recently - I'm so excited to read it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my WoW. I'm a new follower. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i definitely want to read this and the first book too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the fist book, but haven't read it yet. The cover is beautiful though.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that cover is beautiful, a great addition to the first!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete