Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pushing the Limits - Read-A-Long Week 2

This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Natalia @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and Bewitched Bookworms.


Here are the questions and my answers for the second week:


­­­1.Noah and Echo create a plan to read their files.  What do you think of this plan?  Would you read your friends file first knowing you might not have time to read your own?  Would you want to read your own file? 
I wasn't very supportive of their plan because a) Echo was already having flashbacks and her own mind was allowing her to accept what she saw, little by little, and b) Noah was only going to make things worse for himself if he was caught and I was worried that, that might actually happen.
I'm not sure if I'll read my own file but of course I don't have one so I don't know if I'm going to be curious enough to have a peak... As for if I'll look at friend's first, yeah, I like to believe I would.

2.Mrs. Collins starts to earn Noah’s trust by taking him to see his brother win a writing contest.  What do you think of how she’s handling Noah?  How would you feel if you were in Noah’s position, hearing that your brother sees you as his hero?

I like Mrs. Collins. Her methods are very reliable because she actually tries to connect with her patience. She is involved in their lives and she really tries and what she did for Noah was amazing.
I don't know how I would feel in Noah's position. I don't have younger siblings and there's a big difference between having older or younger siblings. However, it wasn't easy for Noah to be the hero. He is trying to get his act together so he could take them from their foster parents and that was another thing that puts pressure on him because it's not easy to be somebody's hero.  
3.Echo is starting to draw and paint again.  She’s starting to express the feelings and what she’s seeing as she’s starting to remember what happened that day.  Art therapy seems to be a popular way for people to deal with their feelings, why do you think Echo’s dad didn’t want her to continue with art since it was such a big part of her and is part of so many people’s therapy in dealing with similar issues?

I think her father wanted to distance her from her mother and from any situations that might bring back the memories of that day. He certainly had a reason not to want Echo to regain her memory. My opinion is based on my knowledge of what happens in the entire book so it's not exactly fair on my part but that's how I feel ...
4.We see how crazy Beth’s home life is and we start to understand why she is not as keen to be trusting with people in her life.  At the same time, we get to see how fiercely loyal Noah is.  What do you think of the way Noah reacted to Beth being beaten by her mother’s boyfriend?  Do you think it’s showing bad behavior that could get Noah in more trouble or the act of a true friend?

Noah is a protector. That's his role as a big brother and also he is just that guy. He is the guy that stands up for those he loves and Beth is one of the few people he would risk everything for. I don't think it's showing bad behavior. It was more a sing of his good heart. He was ready to fight for her when her own mother didn't care enough to help her and that's saying something and it's not a bad thing either.
5.Echo has an unusual name.  What do you think of the story behind it?  Is there a Greek Myth or other story that would inspire you to name a child after a character?

I absolutely loved the Myth. I think I'm going to give my kids more common names and I already have some picked out but it's definitely interesting to read those myths and to see the story behind the name. I like Greek Mythology but I only go as far as reading what others have picked out and I never actually go and search for myths so I would not name my kids after a character from mythology. .
6.Echo’s big thing is trying to find “normal” again.  She doesn’t want to be the scared girl or the girl who can’t remember what happened to her, she just wants to be normal.  This goal impacts her relationships with her family, friends, Noah and her ex Luke.   But at the end of this section, Echo is starting to figure out that there’s no going back to old normal and she’s going to have to find a new normal.   How big of a step is it for Echo when she realizes she’s not “in” love with Luke and figures out that she does need to find a new normal?
Echo was living a life that was long gone. She needed this realization and it was a good thing in my opinion that she figured it out because it was holding her back. She had a major accident and she lost two of the  most important people in her life... Nobody goes through that and stays normal. It was a huge step but it was in the right way and I really was proud of her when she managed to start moving on.
Until the next time,

1 comment:

  1. Hehe just like you I believe I would read the file from my friend first too! I remember quite clearly that I didn't like Echo's Dad in those early chapters it changed only later when I understood him more ...

    I was impressed with Echo's waking up and realizing that she changed and it's time for her to accept this! I was proud of her!She grew so much over this decision!

    Thank you so much for joining!!

    ReplyDelete