Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pushing the Limits - Read-A-Long Week 3

This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Natalia @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and Bewitched Bookworms.


Here are the questions and my answers for the second week:

1. In the beginning of this section Noah decides to ignore Echo because he's angry and hurt. What did you think of this? Have you ever experienced a friendship that went awry and they started ignoring you?
I don't think I've had a friendship like theirs to really matter if the other person starts to ignore me. In my cases I wasn't all that hurt to be ignored... But when it comes to those two... I don't know, this was just a way for him to cope. It was clear to the readers that he cared for Echo and even though he ignored her, she was always there in his mind.
2. Noah has a bit of a false reputation. Everyone thinkgs he's a big druggie and a guy that just randomly hooks up with girls. While some of it is true to a certain extent, we see it's not really him. Have you ever had a false reputation where people draw their own conclusions? Do you think Noah should do something to make people not think that about him?
In my school things aren't as they are in most American schools so it's not the same but I've never had that false reputation. I'm shy and I have my circle of friends that know me and the rest just don't care... As for Noah and if he should do something to change what people think.. maybe he should but then again, he did. When it became clear to him that he was going to fight a custody war over his brothers he stopped getting high and I didn't see him hook up with anyone.. so even though he had a reputation I didn't really see it( he was high one or two times in the whole book).
3. Ashley finds out she's having a boy and informs Echo she will have a brother 'again'. Echo took this very personally and was extremely upset. Do you think Echo overreacted? Do you think Ashley meant that the new brother would replace her brother?
The relationship between Ashley and Echo was very on edge and I get why Echo reacted like she did.  I don't think she overreacted. I'm probably going to react like her if someone phrase the sentence that way and tell me that I'm going to have a brother 'again' (because it sounded like 'oh you lost your brother but don't worry you'll have another one...') but I don't think Ashley meant that her baby is going to replace Echo's brother.
4. Echo doesn't remember what happened with her mother and for this reason she has troubles seeing her the way everyone else does. She can't seem to not miss her and still wants to talk to her. Do you think she should pursue finding her mom? Do you think it will help her or do you think she would be in danger?
Oh I've read the entire books so it's not really fair to answer because my answer contains a spoiler of what happens next... But the way I saw it before, Echo didn't know what really happened and if her mom tried to kill her or it was an accident and somehow she just wasn't ready to let go of yet another person she loves. She didn't know what happened to her so she didn't really blame her mom for the scars, she was just ripped apart from her and didn't know why.
5. Noah doesn't trust the people who have his brothers because of his own past situations. He decides to seek out a lawyer himself and try to get custody. Do you think this is his best move? Do you think there are some other options he should consider?
Again, I know what happens but I get it why he wants his brothers. He didn't stop to think if they are actually better off where they are now. He was looking for signs that they were hurt and he didn't see that they were actually happy. Noah wanted his family and they were all he had left. The only thing he was thinking of is keeping their family together and best move or not, it was the only thing he cared about.
6. Echo finds out that Noah and his parents built houses for Habitat for Humanity. Have you ever volunteered for something like that? What is a cause that you feel strongly about?
There aren't any organizations I know of like that in my country and I haven't volunteered for anything like that.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment