Thursday, August 30, 2012

Adult Review: Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill

The book is with Adult content so please, beware if you're under 18.

Goodread summary:
The story of a young heiress?s initiation into the dark society of the Chicagoland Vampires continues?

Ten months after vampires revealed their existence to the mortals of Chicago, they?re enjoying a celebrity status usually reserved for the Hollywood elite. But should people learn about the Raves?mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle?the citizens will start sharpening their stakes.

So now it?s up to the new vampire Merit to reconnect with her upper class family and act as liaison between humans and bloodsuckers, and keep the more unsavory aspects of the vampire lifestyle out of the media. But someone doesn?t want peace between them?someone with an ancient grudge?




Reading the second book in the Chicagoland Vampires series was a very fun experience. Again, mostly because of Merit and her unusual behavior with Ethan and the rest of the guards and her other friends.. with pretty much everyone.
Merit is... unique.
Now if I have to talk about the story, there's a lot to share but I'll keep pretty much everything important to myself. There was a lot of action in the book. A lot of parties, a fair share of fights, verbal and not. We met a lot of characters for the first time in person, for lack of a better term.
I especially loved this book because of the little remarks put in there like we're reading a journal rather than a book. Sometimes Merit would say something like she was speaking to you personally.
Anyway there were big portions of sarcasm from our favorite heroine, but then there were some pretty serious moments and also some of complete embarrassment. It was again a pretty mix of feelings that were thrown together. That was pretty much Merit's life two months after she was changed into a vampire none all too willingly.
It was definitely an interesting book because when some questions got answered, others were brought up and for every answer there were two new questions.
We witnessed Merit's problems in her work, in her love life, with her best friend. There was definitely a lot going on.
Merit and Ethan worked together more closely and every time he let her in for a second he recoiled and pushed her away harder.
For every single progress towards mutual peace, there was a big setback that put the wall between them.
Things never really moved in any direction for them and that's why her relationship with Morgan was damned to go to hell from the very beginning.
The villain in the book reappeared and caused more trouble than ever and Merit was forced to use the connections her former life as a human had. Connections with the rich and famous of Chicago and more closely, her father.

I'm starting to repeat myself here and it's pointless to do it because no matter how much I explain it, I can't quite sum up into words how interesting and intriguing the story really was. The book was action-packed and full of life. It was dangerous and mysterious.
I'm definitely enthralled by the story and I feel like my obsession is just beginning. I can't wait to get my hands on book tree because with a last quote like that:
"I grabbed my sword, and went for the door. I'd solved one mystery. Might as well see what other trouble I could get into."
there are just to many possibilities and I can't wait to see what happens next.

 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it on:

The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:
 and the Audiobook cover:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

1 comment:

  1. Sounds different from the Vampire books I have read so far... Thanks for bringing it to my Attention!

    New GFC Follower!

    I would like to invite you to my Blog for some Trivia Fun!
    Please stop by at :: http://bit.ly/O52GJJ

    DDS @ b00k r3vi3ws

    ReplyDelete