Monday, August 20, 2012

Adult Review: Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

The book is with Adult content so please, beware if you're under 18.

Goodread summary:
She's a mortal with dark powers...

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire...

He's the Prince of Night...

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him—a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.


I don't even know where to start with this review.
I'm a fan of Jeaniene Frost and everything around Cat and Bones' world is fascinating for me. I love all the books that are somehow related to them and now that there are going to be books about Vlad and his life.. I love it! He is one of my absolute favorites in the NH world, even though Bones is number one for Cat's story Vlad has always been my favorite side character. Now that I get to read about his life, learn his secrets, watch his problems unfold.... I can't contain my happiness.
I started this two days ago and the only reason I didn't read the book in one day was because I had work to do.... I was sucked in every time I picked the book and the more into it I got the harder it became to put down. That's why I stayed up late last night and finished it. I was unable to let go.
The story got so interesting and exciting at that point. There were all those things happening around the characters and it was fascinating. We know what Cat can do, we are no strangers to master vampire's powers but Vlad is in a category by himself on so many levels. He is ruthless when it comes to protecting his people. I don't think there's anything he wouldn't do for them. And here comes this human that invades his mind with her extraordinaire abilities.
Leila swept in and changed everything. She was so many firsts for him... He tolerated her more that anyone else. She knew things about him no one else did. She was special to him and even though from the beginning he told her that he couldn't love her, I think some part of him wanted to try.
Leila is a human woman that suffered a terrible accident that chanced her life forever. She's got a deadly touch for every human.. well for everything with a beating heart actually, because she electrocutes everything she touches and as if that wasn't enough, her touch brings the memories of people's worst sins to her as a vision. Her powers are actually more extended but I won't get into that because where's the fun in telling you everything.
Anyway, her life is not easy because she pretty much can't touch anyone and electronics are not an option... So she made do working with a vampire...
Never did she imagined that her powers are going to get her stuck between a centuries old war between two crazy powerful vampires, one of them the all mighty Vlad Tepesh.
It was pretty awesome to read this book for so many reasons... In the NH series the characters are already familiar with each other. They know their habits and their likes and dislikes and all that but here everything is so new and fascinating. Vlad and Leila are getting to know each other as they are fighting this long forgotten vampire that brought them together. The thrill of this new relationship is so amazing. I loved every second of it.
And as I said, Vlad is a favorite of mine so learning so much about him was incredible. He has a lot of tales to tell and I'm sure there are going to be enough books for him to tell his stories into... I just want to see how Leila is going to keep up with his life if she even stays( oh who am I kidding, where would she go...)

I'm gonna stop now because I've already said way too much but I can't help it. It's stronger than me and I just wanted to share. Don't worry I haven't said anything about the juicy parts of the book so there's plenty to enjoy! Now go buy this book if you haven't already and start reading NOW!

 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

2 comments:

  1. Интересно ревю! Някакси досега избягвах Джанин Фрост, но сега май ще добавя нещичко в списъка

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Оо, недей да избягваш Фрост. Книгите и са прекрасни ако харесваш Urban Fantasy. Да в категорията за възрастни е ама поредиците и са доста зарибителни... Една от любимите ми авторки е и може да видиш коментарите ми по книгите и ето тук или от таба с ревютата.

      Delete