Friday, August 17, 2012

Adult Review: Sins of the Night (Dark-hunter #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The book is with Adult content so please, beware if you're under 18.

Goodread summary:
In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow:

Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love.


But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling.

Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury and most likely executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die.

Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?

I have no idea how a story that began with a cursed Spartan warrior, that lived in a book for two thousand years as a love-slave and it turned into this story about Dark-hunters and Daimons and Gods... don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Fantasy lover, I'm just stating the difference between the two books.
The beginning was so different from what it is now that I can't imagine how will it all end...
The only constant in the books is Acheron's presence at times and that we get a little information about his true self in every next book.
This one had a little bit more of that, because the main character was Acheron's only other roommate, besides Simi.
The Alexion (a.k.a Ias, the third dark-hunter ever created) is not really his roommate, he just has to live with Acheron to survive, and I don't think there's really an explanation to what he is. In other words he would kill and die to protect Acheron and Simi and he is a judge to those Dark-hunters who decide to play God and do something stupid like raise against Ash.
In the book we follow Alexion when he is sent to the human world to stop the latest uprising of Dark-hunters. As the book progresses we get to have a glimpse of the tortured life he's lived and he continues to live. He is also our main source for information about Acheron but he wasn't exactly forthcoming with it either. It's not like we got any juicy details about Ash but there were some bits and some confirmations that we were already guessing.
The other main character in the book was Dangereuse St. Richard. She is a Dark-hunter ever since the French Revolution where she lost her love, her family and her life. The petite female dark-hunter is a sarcastic person to the bone but there are a lot of feelings that lie beneath the surface.
She's lived most oh her dark-hunter life alone and she keeps to herself, not ready to let anyone in, who might trick her like her husband did. She's suffered her fair share of pain and now when she met Alexion she was trying hard not to let him in.
The connection between the two characters was incredible, once Danger stopped stabbing Ias... and it grew and it bloomed and then all hell broke loose.
I was going to say something but I had to delete it because I basically revealed the ending but there was a part in the end when my heart broke into million tiny peaces for a second....
Amazing book. I wasn't into it in the beginning but as I kept going my interest picked up and by the end I was sucked in the world of the Dark-hunters just like with every other book.
 I give it:

You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why there is this sudden trend of slow beginnings. I need a book to grab me right away.
    Glad that ended up liking it though.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete