Thursday, September 13, 2012

Adult Review: Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill

This book has Adult content, so beware if you're under 18.

Goodread summary:
Meet Merit, a "wonderfully compelling vampire heroine" (USA Today bestselling author Julie Kenner).

Chicago is beset by supernatural tensions, and Merit-vampire protector of a safe haven called Cadogan house-is worried that the humans will be reaching for their pitchforks any minute. It doesn't help that yet another vampire rave is broken up by the mayor, and a new inhibition- reducing drug is circulating through the community.

It's up to Merit to put her house in order-literally. And if that takes getting a little blood on her hands, so be it.



I will not write a long review about this book, not because I didn't like it. I loved it up until the ending. I'll give it 5 stars but that's only because I don't take the ending under advisement.
I still can't stop crying from what happened and I'm a loss how and why this had to happen. I would have preffered the series to come to an end rather than to go the way it did. I'm just shocked and disappointed and pissed of and hurt. I did not like how things turned out. Just when things had a potential to pick up...
I'll read the series and then maybe if I get over the heartache I'll edit my review but for now I just can't discuss it and remember because I want to start crying and to pound on something.

EDIT:
Okay some time passed since I read the book and I've calmed down and I've read the next one and I'm more forgiving about the ending. It sill stings to have read what I did and it didn't feel good to go through it in the first place but as I said, I read the next book and I feel more at ease.
The book was definitely interesting and mysterious and it had all the awesome qualities the other books before it had. The shock and disappointment didn't come until nearly the end and other that that the book was absolutely perfect.
I loved the improvement in the relationships, I loved the shocking truths that became clear and I loved the way the book progressed.
As always in the beginning there was a big mystery that just happened to endanger the existence of the Cadogan vampires and the other supernatural species. The public eye was turning more and more in Cadogan's direction, blaming them for everything that was happening in the city.
I've got to say that I do not have the patience these vampires have. Imagine a group of idiots(of course they were humans) to start accusing the vamps just because they are now at the top of the food chain. Imagine to fight for someone that has turned against you and it's blaming you for something that's not your fault.
I know it's stupid to think like that because none of this is true but if I was in any of the vampires' shoes I would not want to help the humans at all...
Anywho... The book was quite fast-paced and action-packed and it had a little bit of everything. It was really good and it deserves the 5 stars rating I gave it even though the ending broke my heart(along with million others).

 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

 The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:
and the Audiobook cover:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment