Monday, September 17, 2012

YA Review: Matched (Matched trilogy, #1) by Ally Condie

This book is suitable for Young Adult readers!!!

Goodread summary:
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.



Ally Condie's Matched trilogy. Oh I've heard so many things about these books. I've seen the reviews, positive and negative(saw the raiting), I've seen the posters of Team Ky and Team Xander but I didn't know what it was all about. I knew the covers when I saw them, I just didn't know anything about the story and one day the book was on sale and I bought it. Now I am mad at myself because I bought just this one and not the second one as well.
I have this new love for dystopian novels and I really liked Matched!
There are some books that make me go crazy obsessed, this one wasn't like that, but I kept my head clear and focused and I enjoyed reading it. It was interesting and I loved the characters and the story and I felt the unexpected and unusual bursts of anger from Cassia and pretty much every other emotion she felt.
The book and the story felt real and very, very possible and it was exciting to visit this new world where everything it 'perfect'. Where everything it controlled by the Society and you live the life of a brainless creature just a healthy one because the Society don't allow you to slack off. You do what you're told, you get your life's decisions handed to you and you don't complain, you thank them for the effort.
The author has built such a realistic world that just made sense. For a while there I was thinking what it'll be like to not have to worry about money and providing food and school and all those things we want but don't really need. It sounds compelling... Only that it goes against every instinct in us, against human nature.
I definitely loved reading this book and as I said I'm mad at myself for only buying the first one and not the second one as well. I'll make sure I get book two soon so I see what happens next!
 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from: 

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide



or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:



See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment