Thursday, September 6, 2012

Adult Review: Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill

The book is with Adult content so please, beware if you're under 18.

Goodread summary:
Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit, Chicago's newest vampire. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene-and to spy for the vamps while she's at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan's offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Unfortunately, someone is gunning for Gabriel, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She'll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals-not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries-old master vampire.




I am completely and utterly fascinated by this book, by Merit, by Ethan... by everything about it. I love reading every next book more than the previous and I can't wait to read the rest.
I'll start with a very favorite quote from the book and that is:
“The best revenge is a life well lived.”
There was always something new and dangerous happening around Merit and Ethan. Something that would get in the way.
Their relationship kind of always took second place of importance because someone always was trying to kill them or have someone else around them killed or something equally dangerous but also this was the book in which they made the most progress of figuring out what they feel for each other.
It was such a lovely book to read, with all the secrets and missions and the sweet, sweet kisses and something more, and then angry shape-shifters, and at some point even naked shape-shifters... You want me to tell you what I'm talking about right? ... Well I won't so you better pick the book up and start reading.
Merit had a lot to think about in this particular book. Again, all hell broke loose in a matter of a week or so and there were a lot of things happening. Big decisions were made and Mer and Ethan had a big part in them.
It was an action packed read and I mean it, there was a lot of action!
Of course there was heartache and some making up, and some more tearful moments but for the most of the book I had the biggest smile on my face.
We get to see a bit different side of Ethan, a more relaxed one, because his walls started to fall down a little bit when he was around Merit for too long but that made the drawback all the more painful for her...
It was definitely a very interesting and surprising read. There were a lot of twist and turns and so many unexpected events. I was happy reading it and I was enjoying it which is the most important thing in a book.
There were a lot of funny moments with two of my favorite side characters, Catcher and Mallory:
“Catcher snorted. “If we’re not playing naked Twister, we’re wasting our waking hours.”
“Yep,” Mallory said as she tugged him down the sidewalk, “that’s the love of my life. He’s a romantic at heart.”
And I am so excited about the next book and this is why:
“He paused, then tapped a finger against the box. “This is a wish,” he said quietly, “that even after four hundred years of existence, a man can be strong enough to accept the gifts he’s given.”
“Ethan—,” I began, but he shook his head.
“I’m prepared to wait for a positive response.”
“That’s going to take a while.”
Ethan lifted a single eyebrow, a grin lifting one corner of his mouth. “Sentinel, I am immortal.”
With an ending like that I can hardly contain my excitement about finding out what exactly is to happen... Oh, so many great moments in this one. I truly think this is the best so far!

 I give it:


You can find the book on Goodreads,

And purchase it from:

The Book Depository, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.

Here are the other covers I found:
and the Audiobook cover:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment