Monday, October 29, 2012

YA Review: Insurgent (DIvergent trilogy, #2) by Veronica Roth

This book is suitable for Young Adult readers!!!

Goodread summary:
One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

"New York Times" bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian "Divergent" series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery,
or



or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!
It was absolutely amazing and I'll repeat it all the time is you guys forget.
After I finished Divergent, with the cliffhanger and all, I was so excited when I finally received this one.
It was a bright sunny day and I was holed up inside reading like there's no tomorrow. The story was just as interesting and compelling as I remembered and I was sucked right back into Tris' head. This time it was not a pretty picture there. She was sad and she was terrified of what she had to do the night of the stimulation and she had a lot to deal with.
Losing her parents, her faction and killing her fiend... It wasn't easy to be her and as if all that wasn't enough, there was the aftermath of the stimulation to deal with.
New plots, new plans to save the day, most of which succeeded but not without casualties.
Tris also had her relationship with Tobias to worry about but in the midst of all the craziness around them, they somehow managed to stay together even after all the secrets were revealed.
There were so many strong moments in this book. I know my reviews is pretty detached and impersonal on some level but I don't want to give all the fun away. I really was sucked into the book and I was so completely obsessed with it.
I stopped at some point and said to myself that that's enough for now and I waited a few days to pick it up again, only to finish it in a few hours. This is how good the book was and this is how exciting it was to read it.
Every small memory in Tris' mind, every feeling, every next crazy stunt she had to pull because it was the right thing to do... I could feel it too.
Tris' character developed a lot since the beginning of book one. She is stronger now, she's been through a lot and she had to face some pretty scary stuff. And everything that she had to go through now, she faced it with her head held high even though she was scared.
She isn't some unreasonably brave character and that makes her even more real. She was terrified, she was alone and she was hurt all through the book but she kept going. She fought and she kept trying.
The ending of the book was even bigger cliffhanger that the one on book one. This huge secret was revealed and even though I kind of expected something like that(at least for a part concerning the outside of the fence) but it was so interesting and exciting and the pressure was building up and up and it was over.
Just like that it was over and now I have no idea when book three will come out and what happens after "Then the shouting begins."
It was so great to read the book and I tried to prolong the pleasure but I had to finish it. I couldn't take it any longer, the book staring at me from my bookshelf...
I really can't wait for book three to come out. I have a feeling it's going to be absolutely amazing too!

 I give it:

Here are the other covers out there:
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this book!! I loved the character development and the plot and the side characters and omg, THE ENDING! Can't wait for book three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! This series has been on my to-read list! And I think I almost like the purple cover better than the other one. Then again, I like purple. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you think so, about my review Cherie. I love the purple cover but I would've loved the other one because my copy of book one is with the US cover. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You are super lucky to have read this series right after the other. I was dying for the next one! Those cliffhangers just really get you lol

    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the wait for book two so it wasn't so easy but I can't deny that my waiting period was shorter than yours. I can't wait for book three. This cliffhanger was both amazing and awesome! It's going to be a tough wait!
      Thanks for stopping by Giselle!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your review! I too loved how Tris was so vulnerable, sad, depressing and strong at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my review Henrietta. The book was pretty awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete