Monday, October 15, 2012

YA Review: Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6) by Sara Shepard

This book is suitable for Young Adult readers!!!

Goodread summary:
In picture-perfect Rosewood, Pennsylvania, ash-blond highlights gleam in the winter sun and frozen lakes sparkle like Swarovski crystals. But pictures often lie— and so do Rosewood's four prettiest girls.
Hanna, Aria, Spencer, and Emily have been lying ever since they became friends with beautiful Alison DiLaurentis. Ali made them do terrible things—things they had to keep secret for years. And even though Ali was killed at the end of seventh grade, their bad-girl ways didn't die with her.
Hanna's on a mission to corrupt Rosewood's youth, starting with a very attractive sophomore. Aria's snooping into her boyfriend's past. Spencer's stealing— from her family. And pure little Emily's abstaining from abstinence.
The girls should be careful, though. They thought they were safe when Ali's killer was arrested and A's true identity was finally revealed. But now there's a new A in town turning up the heat. And this time Rosewood is going to burn.




You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery,
or



or

Barnes & Noble.
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I was excited about the series at first but now I kind of read the book just because I want to know who A is and who Ali's killer was and not because the books are interesting.
Ever next book has something new and interesting. It has to, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read through it, but it gets kind of old.
A has the girls around his/her finger and no one in this town can find who A is... really? All the police officers and no one has a clue. Four girls are left to fend for themselves...
And then, there are A's requests for the girls to look for Ali's murderer... why? What's the point.
With each book the story get's more complicated and I don't know how much I'll be able to take. Which is sad because I really want to see what happens in the end.
I'll most likely end up reading all the book on diagonal, just bits and peaces, enough to find out the important stuff.
But don't let my review fool you. The book was interesting, like I said otherwise I wouldn't have been able to finish it. As always there was a new lead and new twists and turns along the way and it was interesting.
All the girls had to face something new and different and they had a lot problems. Each had to deal with something unexpected and that was good because it helped keep my interest in the book.
And the ending was a huge cliffhanger and I don't know what to expect. I don't know if what the girls saw was true or a hallucination from the lack of oxygen... I'm at a loss about it but I'm pretty excited.
I'll definitely be picking book seven up, just because of that ending!
All in all the book was OK but I hope the author had some new ideas and inspirations when she was writing the books because the storyline kind of gets old. The girls chase after A, A tries to kill them at some point and he/she torments them whit messages and pictures... I hope the story picks up in book seven.

 I give it:



Here are the other covers I found:
The second cover is the one from my country. 
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment