Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (24)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

  Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt
Expected Publication:  January 15th 2013
St Martin’s Press 






Synopsis(from Goodreads):
Anna remembers a time before boys, when she was little and everything made sense. When she and her mom were a family, just the two of them against the world. But now her mom is gone most of the time, chasing the next marriage, bringing home the next stepfather. Anna is left on her own—until she discovers that she can make boys her family. From Desmond to Joey, Todd to Sam, Anna learns that if you give boys what they want, you can get what you need. But the price is high—the other kids make fun of her; the girls call her a slut. Anna's new friend, Toy, seems to have found a way around the loneliness, but Toy has her own secrets that even Anna can't know.

Then comes Sam. When Anna actually meets a boy who is more than just useful, whose family eats dinner together, laughs, and tells stories, the truth about love becomes clear. And she finally learns how it feels to have something to lose—and something to offer. Real, shocking, uplifting, and stunningly lyrical,  Uses for Boys  is a story of breaking down and growing up.
I've seen the book on Goodreads and on a lot of WOW posts so when I saw it on NetGalley I had to have it. So now the book is on my e-reader and I'm going to start it very, very soon. I really want to read it because it sounds so great...

You can Pre-Order the book from Amazon:

or from The Book Depository
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries #1) by Cameron Jace
Expected Publication: October 30th 2012 (the date was delayed so I'm not sure if it's accurate)
Akmal Eldin Farouk Ali Shebl



Synopsis(from Goodreads):
What if all you knew about fairy tales was wrong?

Sixteen year old Loki Blackstar is no Prince Charming. His mother is a ghost. His only friend is a red Cadillac that talks to him through the radio. He looks like an Angel but acts like jerk. No wonder he has been banned from Heaven, which is the least of his troubles. Loki needs a job to pay for school and support himself.

Still, Loki has a rare gift: He is a Dreamhunter. One of the few in the world who can hunt and kill immortal demons in their dreams so they never wake up again.

When Loki is sent to kill a sixteen-year-old vampire girl the locals call Snow White Sorrow, he is pulled into a magical but dangerous world. The locals believe the monster to be Snow White.

The real Snow White... living in the ruins of an ancient castle in a small town. She is described as horribly beautiful, terrifyingly enchanting, and wickedly lovely.

What he finds instead is a beautiful monster girl filled with rage and hurt, who has an epic untold story to tell of things such like why the Brothers Grimm altered the fairy tale, who the Evil Queen really is, where the mirror came from, and who possessed it.

Snow White has killed every person who has dared come near the castle where she once lived with the queen. Mysteriously, she lets Loki live.
Again, I've seen this one on Goodreads and on a lot of WOW posts so I want to give it a try when it comes out. It definitely sounds interesting and I can't wait.

Surprisingly I couldn't find the book on either Amazon or Book Depository so no links to pre-order it... it might have something to do with the chance of the publication date... Oh well, we'll wait.

Leave me a comment with your WOW posts and I promise to visit and comment!

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

57 comments:

  1. Wow, Uses For Boys seems so nice and so does Snow White Sorrow! I love books based on fairy tales, I'm definitely gonna read both your picks. :)

    Here's my WoW.

    I'm following you now!

    -Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for following Sarika. I'm really glad you liked my picks and I hope you end up liking the books too.

      Delete
  2. Uses for Boys sounds really good. Snow White Sorrow is new for me but I like everything that has to do with fairy tales. Thanks for sharing.

    PS. Yes Fire is part of the Akasha series. I love Water and Air so I cannot wait to read Fire!

    thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back.
      I'm not really crazy about fairy tales anymore but there's something about Snow White Sorrow that just makes me want it very bad.
      PS: I'll look into the Akasha series, thanks.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I love your choices

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uses for Boys has been coming up everywhere lately! Thanks for sharing and for coming by and commenting on my WoW earlier, I do appreciate it! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I already have Uses for boys, NetGalley was generous towards me, and I just need to read it now.

      Delete
  5. I also had Uses of Boys on a past wow and grabbed it from Netgalley. So excited!!! That looks like an awesome Snow White re-telling. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back! I, too got Uses for boys from NetGalley and I can't wait to get my hands on Snow White Sorrow.

      Delete
  6. Snow White Sorrow is on my TBR list. Great picks.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I'm very interested in Snow White Sorrow! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by! Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome picks! Both of these sound great, and I love both their covers for different reasons :)
    My WOW: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-gameboard-of-gods.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my picks Elizabeth. I love the covers too.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. new follower here. great picks. Love Uses for Boys. Feel free to check out mine...http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thank you so much for following. I really appreciate it. I hope you like Uses for boys if you read it.

      Delete
  10. I got Uses for Boy on NetGalley, and I have to say it sounds really good. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like Uses for boys if you decide to read it.

      Delete
  11. they both sounds so good! I need to have both of them I think!
    my wow
    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.se/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-caged-in-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like the books if/when you read them.

      Delete
  12. These are some great picks, both look great especially the first one!
    Check out my WOW here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'll visit your blog now.

      Delete
  13. I love the cover of Uses for Boys, but this is the first time I've read the synopsis, and it sounds awesome.

    Great pick :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kat. I'm glad you like my pick and I hope you enjoy the book if/when you read it.

      Delete
  14. Uses for Boys sounds cool, I want to read it eventually :-) o0o0o0o Snow White Sorrow! Hadn't heard of this one but I lurve retellings! I'm going to have to add it to my TBR.

    Thanks for sharing! Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like my picks and I hope you enjoy the books if/when you read them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. WOW! I have Uses for Boys on NG...I think, but Snow White, the cover is STUNNING! I saw a Snow White type book just last week, this one the cover alone is aenough for me to pick it up.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cover of Snow White Sorrow is gorgeous and I really want to read it both because of the cover and because of the story! It sounds so interesting! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Hi!
    Those are really great choices and I just added them both to my to-read list!

    Thanks for stopping by. I just followed you and added your button to my blogroll! :)

    --Megan @ BooksiView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan, for visiting and for following. Also thanks for adding my blog button. I'm really glad you liked my picks.

      Delete
  17. Great picks! I especially like Snow Whote Sorrow because I am really in the mood for fairy tale based books! Thanks for sharing! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you like my pick.

      Delete
  18. Nice picks! Snow White Sorrow sounds great. Definitely going on my reading list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard of the first book before and it definitely sounds like something that would be worth checking out! And I also really like the sound of Snow White Sorrow - definitely an interesting twist on an old fairy tale. Plus, the guy's name is LOKI! (Avengers fanatic here, sorry ^.^)

    Nice picks! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping! I'm glad you like my picks and I hope you enjoy the books when you get the chance to read them.

      Delete
  20. I just recently heard about Uses for Boys and can't wait! It sounds really interesting! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you really want Uses for Boys I think it's still up on NetGalley. You should try and request it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. Both choices are awesome! So in love with the cover for Snow White Sorrow. I am in need of that asap. I can't wait to start reading Uses for Boys! Thanks for sharing!

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look amazing... I hope you like Uses for Boys when you read it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  22. Great picks! Both of these sound great and I love the covers! I'm really excited for Snow White Sorrow too!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great picks! I want to read Uses For Boys so badly! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Uses for Boys sounds like my kind of read! I looked for it on Netgalley recently and didn't see it. Great pick and thanks for visiting The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could have taken it down but I found it there. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  25. Wow, Uses For Boys looks really good! I'm adding it to m TBR list now! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post. ^.^

    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffa, you can always request Uses for Boys from NetGalley. I just checked and the book is still on there. I'm hoping I read it next but we'll see. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  26. This is the second Snow White retelling/adaptation that I've seen this week! Looks like fairytale retellings are gaining in popularity! Yes!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW for The Nightmare Affair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of re-tellings usually but there's just something about this book... I can't wait to find out what it is. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  27. Uses for Boys sounds so good! I want! :D
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't heard of these but they sound great. Nice picks! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great WoW picks! I'm especially looking forward to Snow White Sorrow!

    Here's my WoW!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Wendy. I'm glad you liked my picks!
      Love your blog's name, btw..

      Delete
  30. Uses for Boys sounds amazing. Definitely adding that one to my list. Thanks for visiting my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic choices and very different genres. I'll be adding both to my list!

    If you get a chance, visit my WoW. I've moved my book reviews to a new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my picks.. I hope you enjoy the books when you get the chance to read them.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  32. Yes!! I'm super excited about Uses for Boys too!! And Snow White Sorrow is new to me, but sounds sooo good! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my picks Lisa, I hope you like the books if/when you read them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  33. I was so excited when I saw Uses for Boys was on Goodreads! Can't wait to give it a read. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Sara. I'm really looking forward to reading Uses for Boys too. It's on NetGalley if you really want it.

      Delete