Friday, November 9, 2012

Adult Review: Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day

This book is suitable for Adult readers ONLY!!!
Goodread summary:
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn’t stay away. I didn’t want to. He was my addiction… my every desire… mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful… except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession…



You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery,
or



or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I seriously don't know what to say about this book. Right now I'm still trying to comprehend what the hell just happened. That ending, I did not expect.
I absolutely loved book one so by the time I finally got my copy of Reflected in you I was ready to explode. And then it was a struggle to not read it on one sitting. I deliberately stopped myself from reading more and I was really trying to stay away... But as the story progressed I just couldn't stop. There was always something happening. Always some issue to be dealt with by one or all of the characters. There was always a problem with Gideon and Eva's relationship, no matter how good it would get.
I really don't want to tell you anything significant about the story because it was a pleasure to read it without knowing what's coming. It was so exciting to bury myself in their world, so deep that you could lose yourself in it. I was loving every second of the time I read this one.
Needless to say, all the characters were put through hell all through the book and Eva and Gideon had a lot of progress in dealing with their problems and everything else the world brought them. I was delighted to read about their encounters and it was so fun when they were happy. But also, I would feel their pain whenever things went south. I don't know if it's the writing or just the story but I felt everything these characters felt, so strong. It hurt so much when Eva was in pain, it hurt so much to see Cary after his accident, but also it felt so wonderful to read of Gideon and Eva when they were happy, and there were quite a few such moments.
I loved how their relationship developed. It was such a mess in the beginning, both of them having so much baggage from their past, so much insecurities. It was a long bumpy road until they were able trust each other but these two were determined and they made it. It was lovely to see the day Eva knew for a fact that Gideon is not going to cheat on her, or the day she faced the people that had hurt him. It was truly beautiful.
After all the fights, the sex (oh the sex scenes were to die for, something you just have to read), the good calm time they spent together, they just learned to trust each other even if they didn't like the rumors.
Book one was all about Eva's problems, and by that I mean that in Bared to you we got to find out what happened to Eva in her past and all that, but we never learned anything significant about Gideon's demons. We knew that he was screwed up on a high level but, oh boy, you guys have no idea. In this book we finally get to read what happened to him and it was awful. I really wanted to cry for him, but what I loved most in that scene was Eva's reaction. She knew what it was like to be violated, she related to him, and she was there for him 100%. It was beautiful scene!
I really didn't expect the ending the way it was. Don't think it was some huge cliffhanger or anything, quite the opposite actually, it felt complete and finished and well though of but just shocking.
I knew Gideon was capable and willing to do anything to keep Eva safe but that one surprised me.
I'm a firm believer that a relationship like that is not healthy and I feel bad for everyone who is so dependent on their significant others but the way the book was written, the way the story developed... I lost focus on my dislike of Gideon's complete control. I would catch myself disagreeing with something Eva just let go but I would forget it almost immediately...
I really loved this one guys. I'm sad it's over but I'm so excited about book three and I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on it.

 I give it:

Here are the other covers I found:
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

2 comments: