Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (28)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Adult Pick:

First Published: August 20th 2012
Synopsis(from Goodreads): 
It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?
I know this one is already out but I don't have the finances to buy it right now. I actually just heard about it today and I read the EXCERPT and I love the sound of it so I can't wait to get my hands on it now. The cover looks so good too.

You can Buy the book from Amazon:

or from The Book Depository(only Pre-Orders of the CD Audio copy)
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

YA Picks:

Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by
Expected Publication:  February 19th 2013
HarperTeen


Synopsis(from Goodreads):
Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future.

Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways… or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.

In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.
Really like the sound of this one and I would love to get my hands on it when it comes out. I can't wait for the book to come out. It sounds very interesting.

You can Pre-Order the book from Amazon:

or from The Book Depository
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery


Leave me a comment with your WOW posts and I promise to visit and comment!

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

28 comments:

  1. I'm definitely adding Mind Games to my list! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    If you get a chance, visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm really glad you like Mind Games... I hope you enjoy reading the book when you get the chance to..

      Delete
  2. I'm slightly in love with your YA pick! I want it.

    Thanks for sharing and thank you for checking out my “Waiting On” Wednesday

    Sadie @ Lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sadie.. I'm really glad you like my YA pick... Come back next week and see if you'll like the next one...

      Delete
  3. Interesting looking picks! I've loved the 1 book I've read by Kiersten White (Paranormalcy) and I love the cover and premise for Mind Games.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya, thanks for stopping by!
      I haven't had the chance to read any of Kiersten White's books before but I'm really starting to consider reading Paranormalcy...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I LOVE your picks, I want them both right now lol. New follower by the way =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for following! I'm really glad you like my picks!

      Delete
  5. Mind games sounds very cool! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back! I'm really glad you like my pick!

      Delete
  6. I love the sound of Mind Games! I can't wait to read it and hope it turns out to be as good as it looks. Brilliant picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sam. I'm glad you like the sound of Mind Games and I hope you enjoy reading the book when you get the chance.

      Delete
  7. Phew, that is one steamy cover ya got there! ;) I'm totally looking forward to Mind Games as well. I've heard it's awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lisa. I'm really glad you like my picks. I hope you enjoy reading Mind Games when it comes out.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping by!

    Oh my, The Mighty Storm looks mighty hot;) Great YA pick too!

    jenn | waiting on wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting back Jenn. I love the cover of Mighty Storm and I just love the summary too. I'm glad you like my picks!

      Delete
  9. Hi Martina!!! Thanks for visiting. :) You know I was going to loan you my copy of The Mighty Storm, but its a Nook version and not Amazon. Most of my books are Amazon, but I had a gift card so I bought the Nokk version. Boooooo.

    It's New Adult, and I think you'll love it.;) Thanks for visiting. Happy Hump Day girlie!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't you worry, I'll try and buy it soon so I'll get to read it. I just can't wait. I loved your review of the book btw, it was awesome as always!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Wow! The Mighty Storm has one HOT cover. I hope you get to enjoy both books soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hope that too... Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. OMG!! I think I'll buy the Mighty Storm and send it to you!!! What a hot cover!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think about her leaving her bf of 2 years tho... that's a tough one to swallow - wonder if he cheats on her or something (hmmmmm, then it's okay o.O)

    and Kiersten has something new?!?! I haven't even read Paranormalcy- UGH!! I'm adding this to my TBR anyways!

    Awesome picks! And thanks for visiting me! I'm following you b/c your blog is soooooo cute and I LOVE the Fiktshun love (she rocks, doesn't she?!)

    pssst. I can comment more from my phone if you turn of Captcha, just saying :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you want to buy and gift the book to me I wont stop you! I sure want to read that book a lot... I really want to see what happens.
      I haven't read anything buy Kiersten White yet but I'd love to...
      Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks for the awesome comment.

      Delete
  12. I'm very excited about Mind Games. And thanks so much for posting my giveaway button -- and giving it such a great spot next to the comment box. I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jen... I'm really looking forward to Mind Games and I can't wait...

      Delete
  13. Great choices! Thanks for spotlighting The Mighty Storm - I'd never heard of it before...going to have to check it out! I'm also waiting on Mind Games as well, it looks so good :) Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW earlier! New follower via GFC!!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like me a sexy tattooed singer! And I am super excited for Mind Games! Great picks! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have two words for Mighty Storm: Mmmmmmmm Chest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for the late visit but I've been sick. I haven't read either of the authors you've chosen, but I've heard a lot of hype surrounding the Paranormalcy books. And a bit of adult hotness to keep temperatures high around reading YA is always a good thing, right. Nice picks. :o)

    ReplyDelete