Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (30)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Adult Pick:

First Published: March 26th 2013
Avon


Synopsis(from Goodreads): 
Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges . . .

Leila’s psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn’t sure what the future holds. If that weren’t enough, her lover Vlad has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she’s also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won’t admit that he loves her . . .

Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity . . .

Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity . . .
I'm in love with Jeaniene's books so I can't wait to get my hands on this one when it comes out. I'm just so excited about Vlad's story... 
You can Pre-order the book from Amazon:

or from The Book Depository
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

YA Pick:

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
 Published: November 23rd 2011
Entangled Teen


Synopsis(from Goodreads):
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.
I know that lately most of my picks are already released but I have so many books on my to-read list that worth to be mentioned.. So here's another one. Everyone seems to be obsessed with the Lux trilogy so I have to read book one soon. The story sounds pretty good.

You can Pre-Order the book from Amazon:

or from The Book Depository
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery


Leave me a comment with your WOW posts and I promise to visit and comment!

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

30 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy that you're spotlighting Obsidian! You definitely need to read it now! Even if it's slow in the beginning, it gradually builds up to be really amazing!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    -Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read your review of the book (if you have one)... I really want to read Obsidian and soon... And anyway, everyone says I should... Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoy Obsidian. It's not my favourite read of 2012, but I think all the books in the series are addictive and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Katja!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, "Obsidian" sounds good, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any Jeanine Frist books, but I have read Obsidian and LOVE that series. I just got Opal in the mail and hope to start it soon.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read Adult books you should give Mrs. Frost's books a try because they are pretty addictive.. I can't wait to read Obsidian and see for myself what's so great about it... Thanks for visiting back!

      Delete
  5. I've been meaning to read Obsidian for a while now. I keep seeing that series EVERYWHERE and its bugging me because I don't know why everyone loves them.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I just have to know what is so awesome about this book... That's why I can't wait to finally read it.
      Thanks for visiting back!

      Delete
  6. OMG! Obsidian is a MUST-READ!!! I made a review for it a long time ago :)) It's so AWESOME! GREAT PICK!
    HERE'S THE LINK TO MY REVIEW!IF YOU WANT TO CHECK IT OUT
    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2012/11/obsidian-review.html#links
    -CHYNA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Chyna. And thanks for leaving a link to your review. I'll check it out soon.

      Delete
  7. Oh my! Neither of those books are really my style, but I can see how they definitely have an appeal. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back next week to see if you like any of my picks then...

      Delete
  8. I've seen Obsidian around, but I didn't know what it was until I read your post, haha. It sounds good... though I'm torn on whether or not it's something that I would actually enjoy. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)
    - Chelsea Maya @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Chelsea.. I don't know if I'll enjoy Obsidian either but I know people with similar tastes to mine just love it so I have to give it a try!

      Delete
  9. I feel like everyone's read Obsidian and LOVED it...but I'm still not sure if it's something I would enjoy.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling but I have to try it..And think of it that way 'What if it's as awesome for me as it is for so many'... Thanks for visiting back Kim!

      Delete
  10. New Follower!!

    Your adult pick seems interesting. I actually do not read adult books. You second book seems really interesting. I haven't read many about aliens so this would seems like a TBR!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like the sound of my Adult pick you should probably try reading the first book in the original series(Night Huntress series-check out my review here). If you like that one you'll probably like the rest too.. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. OMG you will LOVE Obsidian, that book is pure awesomeness =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Obsidian was awesome, can't wait for Opal :)
    And though I love Jeaniene Frost, I'm a little behind on her books at the moment, so I still haven't read Once Burned *sigh* Maybe some time around New Year's.
    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Great taste in books, new follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following! I strongly suggest you read Jeaniene Frost's books... all of them. I'm in love with her work so I'm a firm believer that everyone should read them! :D

      Delete
  13. I love everything Jeaniene Frost!!! I hope you get to enjoy both your picks soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too on both accounts. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. OMG YES YES YES, Twice Tempted! :D I have got to know how Vlad took Leila's news. (Vlad please don't break my heart! D:)
    & Obsidian came out in the US already. I've read it and all I can say about it is that's okay, nothing more.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW and I love your blog name! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just dying to get my hands on Twice Tempted and I hate that we have to wait so long but I'm distracting myself with more new books...
      Obsidian is already release but it's not translated in my country and I can't pick it up from the library(and I'm running low on money for books).. So yeah, I'll have to wait a little longer. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Oh Obsidian. I loved this book. I really need to read the rest of the series. Thanks for stopping by and I'm now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back! I hope you get the chance to read the rest of the books soon and I hope you love them too.

      Delete