Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (31)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Adult Pick:

First Published:  June 4th 2013
Dutton Adult

Synopsis(from Goodreads): 
In a futuristic world nearly destroyed by religious extremists, Justin March lives in exile after failing in his job as an investigator of religious groups and supernatural claims. But Justin is given a second chance when Mae Koskinen comes to bring him back to the Republic of United North America (RUNA). Raised in an aristocratic caste, Mae is now a member of the military’s most elite and terrifying tier, a soldier with enhanced reflexes and skills.

When Justin and Mae are assigned to work together to solve a string of ritualistic murders, they soon realize that their discoveries have exposed them to terrible danger. As their investigation races forward, unknown enemies and powers greater than they can imagine are gathering in the shadows, ready to reclaim the world in which humans are merely game pieces on their board.

Gameboard of the Gods, the first installment of Richelle Mead’s Age of X series, will have all the elements that have made her YA Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series such megasuccesses: sexy, irresistible characters; romantic and mythological intrigue; and relentless action and suspense.
I'm a huge fan of Richelle Mead and I can't wait to get my hands on yet another one of her books. And as always the summary sounds pretty awesome so I'm really excited!


You can Pre-order the book from Amazon:

or from The Book Depository
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

YA Pick:

Dare you to (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry
 Published: May 28th 2013
Harlequin Teen


Synopsis(from Goodreads):
"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....
I got the chance to read Pushing the Limits before it was release and I fell in love with it as soon as I started it. The story was amazing and I'm just so happy that there is book two... I can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out.

You can Pre-Order the book from Amazon:

or from The Book Depository
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery


Leave me a comment with your WOW posts and I promise to visit and comment!

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

53 comments:

  1. Dare You To has been popping up quite often lately, I still have read Pushing the Limits, but I'm also already looking forward to this story.
    Gameboard of the Gods sounds awesome. I have yet to pick up something by Richelle Mead, but I've heard a lot of good, and would definitively love to. So why not start with this? Thanks a lot for sharing! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Caro. I hope you read and enjoy Pushing the Limits because the book really is awesome...
      As for Richelle Mead, you should definitely give her books a try because she is an amazing author!

      Delete
  2. I so knew this book would be coming soon! PtL was AMAZING, and I believe Dare You To will be too! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Vanya. I loved PtL too and I'm dying for book two.. I hope you enjoy reading Dare you to, too.

      Delete
  3. I just finished the VA series so I'm gonna add this one to my goodreads! And I'm excited for the next pushing the limits book too! Here's my Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just loved the VA series... It's one of my favorites! I hope you enjoy Gameboards of the Gods and Dare you to, when you get the chance to read them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Dare You To is totally on my TBR as well. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's going to be pretty amazing. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Both on my TBR list. Richelle Mead can do no wrong. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she can't! I love her writing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Gameboard of the Gods sounds great. I'm not sure about Dare You To - have seen it around and haven't came to a verdict yet.

    My WoW this week is Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about Gameboard of the Gods so I hope you enjoy reading it too(if you read it at all). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I'm looking forward to both of these! I love Richelle's writing so I think I'm going to love GorG. And Dare to You sounds AWESOME.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to read Richelle's new project... I hope you enjoy reading the books if you ever get the chance to.. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Gameboard of the Gods sounds really good. not much for the 2nd one, as I am not into cont romance (at least that what it seems to be)
    hope your wait isn't too long
    WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Gameboard of the Gods if you read it and yeah Dare You To is cont. romance but it's pretty great story... Anyway, thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read Pushing the Limits yet, but I will right before this comes out! Great pick!

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back Kazhy. I really hope you enjoy reading Pushing the Limits. The book is quite amazing.

      Delete
  10. Gameboard of the Gods sounds really intriguing! And I'll definitely have to read Pushing the Limits soon. Great WoW picks!

    Here's my WoW post

    Wendy @ Wendy's Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my picks Wendy. I hope you enjoy reading Gameboard of the Gods and you should definitely give Pushing the Limits a try.. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I haven't heard of Gameboard of the Gods and I've been seeing a lot of Dare to You today. Great choices. Please check out my WoW!
    We're also doing a giveaway that ends today, see if you want a copy of Delusion.

    Thanks,
    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, thanks for stopping by!
      I hadn't heard of GotG until last week or so but as soon as I saw it I knew that I was going to read that book no matter what. Richelle is an amazing author and I have to read her latest books... I hope you enjoy reading the books if you ever decide to pick them up.
      Please, come back next week....

      Delete
  12. Both amazing picks! they are both on my TBR list and I'm impatiently waiting their release! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my picks Crystal and I hope you enjoy reading the books when they come out. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Nice! Dare You To is new to me... Thanks for the intro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to read Pushing the Limits first. You can also check out my review of the book here.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Great picks! I definitely want to add both of these to my reading list! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW. Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my picks! I hope you enjoy reading them when they come out.
      Thanks for visiting back!

      Delete
  15. Oh my gosh I cannot wait to read Dare You To. Pushing the Limits was one of my favorite books that I read this year.

    The cover for it, too! So steamy. Swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I can't wait to see how this one will do. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Great picks this week! They both look awesome :D
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back Kimberly. I'm glad you like my picks!

      Delete
  17. Oh I had no idea that Mead one was going to be an adult novel, I really like the cover. I haven't read anything by her yet (that's a sin, I know) so maybe that will be where I start. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richelle Mead already has two adult series and two YA... She is an amazing author and you definitely need to check out her work.. I hope you enjoy reading Gameboard of the Gods! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  18. Ohhh, both sound great. I love the Vampire Academy series and have been meaning to check out her adult series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love VA too and I love the rest of her books and that's why I'm so excited to read GotG. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. Ooooo I hadn't seen the 'Gameboard of the Gods' one before. Will have to put this on my to read list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my pick Patty. I hope you enjoy reading Richelle Mead's book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. Oh ritualistic murder! Gameboard of the Gods sounds really interesting!
    I've been meaning to read Pushing the Limits for a while now D: Dare to You is a very popular WoW haha.
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back Cyn. I hope you enjoy reading GotG when it comes out. And you should definitely read Pushing the Limits!

      Delete
  21. I'm 99% sure I'll be picking up Gameboard of the Gods. It sounds so interesting, June feels so far away, haha.

    Great choices, and thanks for stopping by my blog on Wednesday :)
    Chelsea Maya @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back Chelsea. I'm glad you like my pick and I hope you enjoy reading Mead's book when it comes out. June may feels so far away but it'll come so quick, don't you worry...
      Come back soon.

      Delete
  22. Loved Pushing the Limits and Dare You To is definitely one I'm looking forward to! Gameboard of the Gods sounds great. Fab choices :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kat. I'm really glad you like my choices and I hope you enjoy reading the books if you ever decide to pick them up.

      Delete
  23. I have heard of Richelle Mead's new book, but I'm not sure if it's something I want to read or not yet. And I haven't read Pushing the Limits yet, but I will. Soon.

    THanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should definitely read Pushing the Limits soon because the book is amazing.. As for Richelle Mead's book... I'm worried that I might not like it as much as I like her other books but I have to read it and see for myself...
      I hope you do too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  24. I hadn't seen the new book by Richelle Mead, but I definitely think I'll take a look at it, 'cause I really liked the Vampire Academy. Thanks for sharing.
    And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked VA you should read Bloodlines and Mead's other books. They are great too.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  25. I've never read anything written by Richelle Mead so far (I know, I know, I've heard about all the things I was missing), but I think it's about time I did, especially since she's planning on writing a book on something other than Vampire Academy and its spin-off.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about her succubus series and the Dark Swan series? They are great too. You should definitely check them out.. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  26. Definitely excited for Dare You To and can you believe I have not read any Richelle Mead books? I need to amend that. Great picks! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you do have to amend that. You definitely need to read something of Richelle Mead's. She is an amazing writer! One of my favorites!
      Thanks for visiting back!

      Delete
  27. Both sound good, although I'm not a huge fan of the cover (or title) for Dare You To. I know, I sound super picky haha. I still need to read the first in the series, but everyone seems to have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete