Here are the rules to the challenge:
- The book must feature a protagonist who is past the average age for graduation from high school (18 in most places) and under 30. If they’re exactly 18, you can make the judgment call based on content. (If the majority of it is set in high school, it’s probably YA.)
- The books don't have to be contemporaries! Fantasy, dystopian and paranormal work just fine as long as the characters fall into the comparative age group.
- You don't have to have a blog to participate but you must post your reviews somewhere online (sites like Goodreads work).
- Just Graduated: read a minimum of 5 New Adult books
- Moving Out: read a minimum of 10 New Adult books
- Living On Your Own: read a minimum of 20 New Adult books
- Fully Independent: read a minimum of 30 New Adult books
If you have a tough time picking books for the challenge you can check out these links(I haven't check them out myself yet so I don't know if all the books qualify so make sure they do)
- New Adult Literature
- the Goodreads new-adult shelf
- New Adult/Post-HS books
- New Adult Contemporary
- New Adult of 2012
- New Adult Dark & Gritty
- Speculative New Adult Fiction
- New Adult Fantasy Series
- 2013 New Adult Releases (started by the co-host Barbara! Feel free to add to this one with 2013 NA releases you're anticipating)
- NA Alley blog
To Sign Up for the New Adult Challenge CLICK HERE.
I'm planing to read at least 10 New Adult books (Level: Moving Out). I'll link my reviews here as I read the books and I may upgrade to the next level if I finish this on time.
not all the books have reviews posted on my blog yet...
1. Foreplay by Sophie Jordan
2. Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst
3. Real by Katy Evans
4. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
5. Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout
6. Thoughtless by S,C Stephens
7. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
8. Connected by Kim Karr
9. Torn by Kim Karr
10. The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle
11. Down to You by M. Leighton
12. Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
13. Stir Me Up by Sabrina Elkins
14. Weathering the Storm by Samantha Towle