Friday, January 11, 2013

NA Review: The Mighty Storm( The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!
Read for TBR Challenge!  
Goodread summary:
It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - traveling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
(only audio book here),
or



or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


Oh, I don't have the patience to write my review all over again since the first draft disappeared... but here it goes:
First I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Miss Vain @ Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy for featuring the book on her blog. She didn't personally recommend it to me but her blog is my source of adult books so I have to acknowledge her.
Now My reviews is going to be full of spoilers. It's just one of those absolutely awesome books that I can't help myself and I spill some of the good stuff so.. you've been warned:

Let's talk Jake Wethers! The story is not from his point of view but he is the hotter, more successful and well he is just pleasure to read about so he is my main focus in the book.
The story is actually about two best friends, Jake and Tru (Trudy Bennet) that grow apart when Jake moves to the States(both lived in the UK when they were little, in Manchester to be precise) and they pick up from where they left off twelve years after they last saw each other..
Now, for both characters, it's been a long time since they've seen each other in person but Tru knows all there is to know about Jake because he is now a huge rock star, he, his band and his music label are so successful that he is in every magazine, all the time.
Tru is a music journalist so she knows pretty much everything that goes in the music world but she has a special interest in Jake. He is the one that got away... She loved him when they were young and now that he is back in her life she is not sure if she ever got over him...

Because women never say no to me.” With a wink, he gets up and wanders off over to the food table. God he’s such a cocky, arrogant bastard at times. And I totally fancy him. No I don’t. Yes, I do. No. I. Don’t. Ah fuck.

Tru had a very hard time making up her own mind in the entire book. At first she brushed everything off, she was happy to see her childhood best friend after all those years, she was almost sure she didn't love him anymore... she had a steady life build around her with a job and a boyfriend she loves. She is happy, but there was always something missing and deep down she knew it.
For the most part of the book she was trying to convince herself that she didn't have feelings for Jake anymore but then she couldn't anymore and everything chanced...
The story was very angsty and I loved it. The mood of the characters was always changing and they were so entertaining... The passion in their conversations and the flirts and Jake's presence... it was such a wonderful setting and the world Samantha Towle has build was absolutely amazing.

All I can do is watch Jake sing. Watching as he makes every single woman in this room feel like he’s singing to her, that tonight she is the one he is taking home. She’s the one he’s going to share his bed with tonight. And in this moment all I want, more than anything, is to be the one he chooses.

This is Jake. He is so mesmerizing and incredibly hot and talented, and HOT, and gorgeous... and did I mention HOT? I did? oh well, it's never enough...
He is also the alpha male that knows what he wants and he want's Tru. He was pretty determined to get her, and he is very persuasive when he wants to be. He has a lot of influence and he is pretty dominant.
That should paint you the right picture about the man Jake is but to Tru he is so much more. He was so tender and sweet and nice and he is the only one that really, really knows her, just like she is the only one that really knows him. They've been trough a lot together and they already had a strong bond even after all the years..

I want to talk more about their relationship but I'm afraid I'll give away too much and I don't want to spoil the fun of reading this incredibly amazing book for you guys! You just have to pick it up and read it because it's AWESOME!

 I give it:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment