Monday, February 18, 2013

Adult Review: The Valentine's Arrangement (Hero for the Holidays #1) by Kelsie Leverich

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!
Goodread summary:
“I didn’t want the line to get blurry, and I sure as hell didn’t want you to cross it.”

Ronnie Clark, an edgy tattoo artist with hopes of high tailing it out of the forsaken Military town she followed her now ex-fiancé to, is counting down the days until Valentine’s Day is over. Ronnie doesn’t do romance. She doesn’t do flowers or dates, and she sure as hell doesn’t do love—not anymore. After her fiancé slept with a female solider while deployed, she has vowed never to fall in love again, especially with a soldier.

Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson is home on his mid-tour leave from Iraq, but he only has one thing on his mind—returning to his deployment to finish leading his soldiers on their mission. The last thing he wants is a relationship, but casual sex, that’s a different story. And when he meets the renowned tattoo artist Ronnie Clark, a snarky, blunt, takes no prisoners kind of woman, that seems to be all he can think about.

But when Kale realizes he has met his match with a bombshell woman who is hell bent against love, will just sex be enough? And if it’s not, will he be able to convince Ronnie that the proverbial hearts and flowers aren’t so bad after all, even if he is a soldier?

“You changed something inside me, something I didn’t ever think I would want, or feel—but you did, and now I can’t go back”

This book contains explict sex scenes and is recommended for readers 18+

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:





or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I received an e-ARC of the book from NetGalley!
When I saw it on NetGalley, I really liked the summary so when my request was approved I was really happy and I started reading it right away.

“Isn't that what most everyone wants? To be loved by someone so fiercely that you hold their world in your hands, that you were the one to keep it safe.”

As far as the idea goes, the story wasn't all that original but there was something in it that made me really like it. It's really tough to have an original idea these days, but in this case, the characters' personalities compensated for that.
Ronnie Clark is this amazing tattoo that just hates Valentines day. She doesn't do romance and she has put up walls around herself to protect her from future heartbreak. That's pretty much all said in the summary but you don't really know what to expect of Ronnie's character.
I certainly didn't expect this hard-ass woman that had a snarky and sarcastic edge to her. And her bad attitude was one of the many things I loved about her. She was fun to read about and she was playing the tough woman role pretty well but she had her own baggage and she wasn't really dealing with it.

“I can't be this close to you and not touch you”

And then we have Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson. A guy that loves his job, doesn't have a family behind to worry about so he is very invested in his work. He doesn't do romance either but not because he doesn't want to but because he hasn't found the right person and it's just not the time for that.

When you put those to together in a room and you can see the instant connection between them. And it was something very strong and undeniable and as much as Kale wanted to give into it, Ronnie was fighting it that much harder. It was a chase until the arrangement came along and that was the beginning of their relationship.

“I don't do flowers remember? But I want more too”

As I said, as far as the idea goes it wasn't all that original but I really like it. It was fun and entertaining and I just clicked with the characters and the scene..

 I give it:
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment