Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DELIRIUM Read-a-Long DISCUSSION Post #3 [Chapters 15-21]


It's February and it's time to read Delirium. I already read the book but I love read-a-longs so I decided to join!

This is the third part of the Read-a-long and here are the questions and my answers!

1.Has your opinion of Lena changed at all over the course of the book?

-Lena grew up in front of our eyes. She changed so much since the beginning of the book and I just love the person she became. She has a lot more ahead of her but she is doing very well accepting the fact that the only life she ever knew is entirely based on lies.

2.Did you see Alex's revelation about Lena's mother coming? Were you surprised? What do you think will happen now? 
-At the time I was wondering if the story about Lena's mother wasn't entirely true but I didn't see that coming. I don't think that it was anyway hinted that she was still alive but she was too big a part of the story to be irrelevant.

3.We learn that the government has spread a lot of propaganda & lies (ex.: electrical fences). Do you think more lies will be revealed? Let's speculate!
-Oh definitely! When a person starts lying about something they bury themselves in lies because one lie leads to another and the cycle is endless.. Imagine that times a million and you'll not even be close to the truth. The lies an entire government... I don't really think they know the truth anymore. 

4.Do you have any favourite quotes so far? Share them with us!
Here they are.
First quote: “Love: It will kill you and save you, both” 
Second quote: “I love you. Remember. They cannot take it”
Third quote: “That's when you really lose people, you know.When the pain passes.”

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Lena has finally begun to grow up -- it makes for a much more interesting character!!

    You are right, Lena's mom was too much a part of the story and constantly referenced to not be alive/a big part of the developments in Delirium. I do like how it wasn't hinted about though!!

    Great quotes. I love how the book just seems ripe with them :)

    ReplyDelete