Monday, February 25, 2013

YA Review: Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Gifted, #1) by Marilyn Kaye

This book is suitable for Young Adult readers!!!
Goodread summary:
Queen of Mean Amanda Beeson, 13, gets the shock of her life when she wakes up one morning to find herself in the body of one of her victims, Tracey Devon. Amanda discovers that Tracey, ignored at home and school, has the ability to become invisible. When Amanda finds herself in a special class that Tracey usually attends, it becomes clear that at Meadowbrook Middle School the definition of "gifted" has a whole other meaning. Can Amanda rescue her one-time target from obscurity and get her own life back on track? In order to do so, she will have to reveal her own startling gift and take her rightful place among Meadowbrook's very secret clique.


You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:


or



or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


This book is release for a long time now and I've been waiting for it to be available in my library. When I finally got it I was really excited to read it.
I usually don't read books for such young characters because I can't set my mind the right way to like the story. But this book I loved.

You don't think about how old the characters were. You just keep on reading more about the drama that is Amanda's live.

Being stuck in someone else's body, afraid that you might never get back to your own. Having to live someone else's live. That's not easy but Amanda made it look so simple. She took Tracey's live and turned it upside down, or the right side up, as it was in this case. Amanda changed the way Tracey's parents were treating their own daughter (as in, she was no longer invisible to them), she bought her new and nicer clothes, she even started something like a friendship with the only other person that knew that Amanda is in Tracey's body -Jenna.

And we also got to see some of the gifts from the gifted people class. A class where Amanda belongs but wants to avoid at any cost now that she knows what it is.

Her gift sends her mind into someone else's body when she feels sorry for them and that's why she is the Queen B*tch in her highschool but can she get back to her old self, can she really continue her life like that... well we'll see in the next book.

This was pretty much a story where the mean girl has to live the life of an outcast. Pretty common idea if you ask me but the author has put her own spin to it and it was a nice book to read. I finished it fairly fast because I wanted to know how it ends and I'd love to read book two!

 I give it:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment